Harrop supercharger

NormLarson

Harrop supercharger

Post by NormLarson » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:15 pm

Teaser pic of the Harrop next to my stock Eaton.  Noticeably bigger to me ... 

Most of the parts are here, so, it should not be long.  The main question is, ... yes it does fit and yes you have to make it fit.
Attachments
IMG_1625.JPG

bolus

Re: Harrop supercharger

Post by bolus » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:04 pm

woo, purdy.  too bad it will be all covered up once it is done. 

silver

Post by silver » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:08 pm

will you need a new air intake tube or with the roto molded one fit right up to it?

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:10 pm

:tu: :tu: :tu: What size pulley are you going to run?  I'm 1 step away from one of these myself.

I think it is just great us Ecotec owners have so many options for a bit moe power if we feel the need.

Keep us posted!   ;)

bolus

Post by bolus » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:21 pm

[quote="silver"]
will you need a new air intake tube or with the roto molded one fit right up to it?
[/quote]

he gets a new throttle body and for fitting a new larger air intake

silver

Post by silver » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:22 pm

cool...so is Tom making a new plastic molded air intake or what's the scoop on that?

bolus

Post by bolus » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:25 pm

Tom wont tell me...  I guess that's understandable since it's not my car.  He must be respectable because he wont send me pics either :( :(  ;D ;D I have to wait for Norm to update me like everyone else. 

silver

Post by silver » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:27 pm

speaking of updates.....no new pics of your model lately...what's up.....you got a job or something?

NormLarson

Post by NormLarson » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:34 pm

[quote="bolus"]
Tom wont tell me...  I guess that's understandable since it's not my car.  He must be respectable because he wont send me pics either :( :(   ;D ;D I have to wait for Norm to update me like everyone else. 
[/quote]And I am the worst at that! 

The Harrop people suggest going to the LS4 throttle body and that is what I have done.  As far as exactly how it is all mating up, Tom S. is still in that process.  I am having an oil cooler and other things added that will make the routing more challenging, if not impossible through the stock location.  As it stands right now the air intake will be behind the driver seat, in front of the rear tire and just below the main frame hoop.  More or less, a straight shot from the supercharger.  Harrop also suggested an 85mm pulley and leaving the 80mm one that it comes with on the shelf.

silver

Post by silver » Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:38 pm

interesting that the 85 mm pulley is 3.35 inches which is way bigger then what we're trying to make the eaton choke down!!

Sounds cool

bolus

Post by bolus » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:47 pm

Norm, are you doing water injection too?  How are you handling cooling?  How about injectors.  are you getting 60s?

NormLarson

Post by NormLarson » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:48 pm

Yes, I am having a water injection system added.  I have had the duel pass end plate and now we are adding an oil cooler and looking at more cooling in the old air intake location.  I keep hearing similar to Eric's car, maybe, you know what that means ;)  I do believe that it is in fact, 60lb injectors, but, I am leaving that in Tom's hands.  He is also adding a remote oil filter, an oil accumulator, heavier valve springs, upgraded fuel rail (filter, line, regulator and pump) and new air filter and intake

bolus

Post by bolus » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:32 pm

oh yeah that's right I forgot you sent me the details.  So dont hold out on that smaller pulley just yet.  The cooling you'll get from the water injection could still allow you to use a pretty small pulley. 

Most of the cobalt guys are using the stock 80mm pulley.  Here are the boost levels mentioned over there.

64mm / 2.5" ~ 27.5 psi
70mm / 2.75" ~ 25 psi
75mm / 2.95" ~ 22.5 psi
80mm / 3.15" ~ 20 psi
85mm / 3.35" ~ 17.5 psi
89mm / 3.5" ~15psi

I dont know what the stock pistons will take but I'd be trying to run the 80mm pulley if it was me. 

silver

Post by silver » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:54 pm

[quote="bolus"]
oh yeah that's right I forgot you sent me the details.  So dont hold out on that smaller pulley just yet.  The cooling you'll get from the water injection could still allow you to use a pretty small pulley. 

Most of the cobalt guys are using the stock 80mm pulley.  Here are the boost levels mentioned over there.

64mm / 2.5" ~ 27.5 psi
70mm / 2.75" ~ 25 psi
75mm / 2.95" ~ 22.5 psi
80mm / 3.15" ~ 20 psi
85mm / 3.35" ~ 17.5 psi
89mm / 3.5" ~15psi

I dont know what the stock pistons will take but I'd be trying to run the 80mm pulley if it was me. 
[/quote]

Bolus, these are the corresponding boost levels for the harrop?  What are the boost levels for the Eaton, just curious?

bolus

Post by bolus » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:58 pm

dont know