Hens teeth

Heywood-Yablowme

Re: Hens teeth

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:05 pm

I know where the apostrophe should be...

ross

Post by ross » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:27 pm

[quote="ftw"]
I know where the apostrophe should be...
[/quote]

Great!....ummm

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:02 pm

Wow I go away for the weekend and everyone has left the forum  :-[  I'm feeling slightly embarrassed as it was my request to remove said photos.  From memory and after 20 bottles of wine in one weekend it's a little hazey, but Alect was using the photo to show a link to something.  I just didn't want it to be that photo.  It is a topic some mods get touchy about.  I agree everything about the car is freely available if someone looks hard enough.  I just prefere the topic of how to start the car was not discussed "out loud"!!

Those of you no longer on here please come back  ;D  :'(  :'(

Alec

Post by Alec » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:29 pm

[quote="John Lloyd"]
Wow I go away for the weekend and everyone has left the forum  :-[  I'm feeling slightly embarrassed as it was my request to remove said photos.  From memory and after 20 bottles of wine in one weekend it's a little hazey, but Alect was using the photo to show a link to something.  I just didn't want it to be that photo.  It is a topic some mods get touchy about.  I agree everything about the car is freely available if someone looks hard enough.  I just prefere the topic of how to start the car was not discussed "out loud"!!

Those of you no longer on here please come back  ;D  :'(  :'(

[/quote]

You haven't chased me away, YET.

I didn't mind you expressing your concern about the photo and I've explained in more detail the circumstances of it appearing again in one of my replies.

The original photo has been removed from the 2006 post as requested as well.

At least you expressed your concerns about my post here unlike other members in the past when the first I've heard about one of my posts upsetting someone was a phone call from Simon telling me that it had been reported to him.  ::)
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

DADOH

Post by DADOH » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:39 pm

I agree, in my short time on the forum I have noticed some quite harsh postings, bickering, negativity, and just plain rudeness-  much more so than other forums I belong to.

There's nothing wrong with a good debate or humour - in fact they are a significant part of what forums are about but it's a real shame when people feel so bad they leave.

Let's keep things civil, and come back Bolus.

DADOH

Post by DADOH » Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:47 pm

My post was meant to follow John LLoyd's but clashed  :D

tarsman013

Post by tarsman013 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:47 pm

im still here, i just dont post much...
its very rare, not being an owner yet (hard to be when you are 18) that i can add in my 2 cents
but i do what i can :-)

WorkingOnIt

Post by WorkingOnIt » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:28 pm

I'm probably a year away from placing an order. (Hi Driver - race you to delivery date  :) )  I lurked for a long time and initially started posting to get to the magic point of seeing the US registration sub-board.  Now I am hooked on the community, but I can also understand wanting to take a break.  In a few weeks if Bolus hasn't posted, we can probably figure out some outrageous topic that he can't resist commenting on.

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:25 pm

Yea,I wonder if BOLUS could tell me which size steel wool (OO?)to use to clean off the dirt from my panels....

silver

Post by silver » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:26 pm

STEEL WOOL...i just threw up in my mouth :'(

wisp

Post by wisp » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:22 am

[quote="WorkingOnIt"]
In a few weeks if Bolus hasn't posted, we can probably figure out some outrageous topic that he can't resist commenting on.
[/quote]
Hopefully this one might work............. ATOMFEST 2009

[quote="ftw  (for the win)"]
Yea,I wonder if BOLUS could tell me which size steel wool (OO?)to use to clean off the dirt from my panels....
[/quote]

My guess would be a soft wash followed by some clay blocking. It helps if you have a maniac detailer to confirm.

Driver

Post by Driver » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:42 am

Nah... after AF'08 I can pretty much bet'cha Bolus turns a little green thinking of that drive... Some cleaning thread has my vote.

Kempo

Post by Kempo » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:15 pm

Why limit the bait to just cleaning? Remember bolus has also become a horsepower freak as well. This might do the trick........Hey bolus how do you keep the aluminum on the intake housing on your turbo looking like new?  ;D

Alec

Post by Alec » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:37 am

[quote="wisp"]
[quote="bolus"]
[quote="Bruce Fielding"]
The distribution of manuals is not the responsibility of the owners club.
[/quote]

Bruce that's just a silly thing to say.  we are the owners club.  So I cant give out a link the the manual here if an owner asked for one?  That's jsut as silly as not wanting to give out the manual to the SPA dash.  what has it been? a few years now and no one blew up their car with that manual?  why would I want to be a part of a "owners club" that does not want to help owners. 

Does anyone every wonder why there are only about 10 people left on this forum who post regularly? 
[/quote]

I guess we can make that 9 people.

Eric, you will be sorely missed. I for one have really enjoyed your participation on this CLUB forum.  :'(

[/quote]

[quote="Alec"]
Well he only made one more post just three minutes after that post and hasn't been active on the forum for about two days so I really do hope we haven't lost him.  :(
[/quote]

[quote="wisp"]
And his entire shackspace account is gone.  :(

Here is his last post with links to the site....

[quote="bolus"]
you have a flash card in it right?  it automatically records data to a flash card when ever the car is moving.  you then dump the data off the flash card onto a PC and look at it with the performance box software.  I have the software if you need it. 

the data on the card looks like this:

http://bolus.shackspace.com/atom/vbox/bald_peak.dbn

here's the software to look at it:

http://bolus.shackspace.com/atom/vbox/D ... nglish.zip
[/quote]
[/quote]

It looks like Bolus was back on the forum this morning (07:50:55 AM UK time) and his shackspace account has been re-instated so his photos are back and his links work again.

Thanks Bolus and welcome back.  :tu:
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

bolus

Post by bolus » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:10 pm

I had a nice forum vacation.  I was so productive.  I'm still erked over what the "owners club" should do to help owners but no need to debate it further. 

Look what I got built with my free time.  a 1:10 scale model of the atom frame.  You brits can feel free to sue me on behalf of Ariel if you like for international copyright violation :)    It isnt painted yet.    I'm working on the suspension and will add shocks out of a RC nitro car.  the panels will be fiberglass or aluminum depending on what I can make work.  I'll try and fit in a nitro RC engine but if that doesn't work I'll just make it a model

[img width=800 height=450]http://bolus.shackspace.com/atom/model/ ... plete2.jpg[/img]
[img width=800 height=450]http://bolus.shackspace.com/atom/model/ ... plete3.jpg[/img]
[img width=800 height=450]http://bolus.shackspace.com/atom/model/ ... plete4.jpg[/img]
Last edited by bolus on Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.