HyTech exhaust - a first look.

Wmcmanus

Re: HyTech exhaust - a first look.

Post by Wmcmanus » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:45 pm

[quote="DarthChicken"]
[quote="CalScot"]

I also had a leak down test and the valves adjusted amongst other checks. Looks pretty good.  The valves were in dire need of reajustment. Two cylinders had the intake valves open at TDC. We took it out for a quick run and it's just insane. ;D This car never fails to put a smile on my face  :)

[/quote]

I told you when we were in Lake Tahoe trying to start your car that I could hear a compression problem (remember... "Da da deee da da dee").  I bet you pick up at LEAST 40hp if not more!
[/quote]

Wow, and to think I was so close to greatness, and didn't even know it!  I remember is pushing Pete's Atom several times, and then when I was totally exhausted, actually pulling it with my tow truck of an Atom!  The things you'll do for pals.  We had a great ride around the lake that day, which is all I really need to remember.

McFred

Post by McFred » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:10 am

[quote="benyeats"]How do you adjust the valves ?  Is it to do with the VTEC timing / setup or something ?[/quote]

The process requires a special VTEC wrench (a.k.a. a 10mm) and a screwdriver.  ;D  At least it was the intakes and not the exhaust valves!

bolus

Post by bolus » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:37 am

that seems like a pretty big deal.  is that an installation problem or something that worked its way out of alignment? 

Driver

Post by Driver » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:02 am

With as much work as Pet's done and the HP it's capable of I'm surprised its not MORE finicky. Peter likely throws a Fifth in the tank every few weeks just to keep it happy as it is his own wee beastie.

dingo

Post by dingo » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:43 am

Does anyone know what goes on inside the Hytech muffler, specifically, are the pipes perforated or slotted or something ? 
I imagine the entry \ inlet tube & exit tubes have perforations throughout their length inside the muffler.

So, some exhaust is bypassing the loop. There's no particular reason for the question beyond curiosity and certainly no crticism. 

EBEck's sounded terrific the other day. 

atomizer

Post by atomizer » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:32 am

ok how much for this exhaust for the eco?

cactus bob

Post by cactus bob » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:32 am

What will work with the Brammo rear wing kit?

bolus

Post by bolus » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:38 am

No I dont believe so but it will work on the wing Shinoo is developing

nickpoore

Post by nickpoore » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:39 am

[quote="cactus bob"]
What will work with the Brammo rear wing kit?
[/quote]

Correction.
It won't work with the MOUNTING KIT on the Brammo wing kit.

But a new bracket would be simple to make.