short throw shifter?

NormLarson

Re: short throw shifter?

Post by NormLarson » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:48 am

[quote="silver"]
[quote="Norm"]
[quote="Nicholas"]
[quote="Curator"]
Thanks,Norm.I will give him a call. Did he do your entire 6 speed install,including the Quaife kit?
[/quote]

Instead of him getting inundated with phone calls.
Could you please ask him if it's a solution (kit) that he could sell, and how much.

Thanks.
[/quote]

Nick, you know that is a good idea!  Especially since he is actually hard to get a hold of.  I left a message on his cell
[/quote]

any word?
[/quote]

Two messages in and a message back saying it was a good idea.  I will try harder!

NormLarson

Post by NormLarson » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:07 am

I spoke with Pete today and he said that he is very interested in putting together a self install kit or providing installation if someone really wants him to do it.  He is going to put together a spring kit with instructions, but, he did ask me for a head count so he can assess the economy of scale.  With enough people the price point should be less than $200.  Who is interested in a self install kit to make 5th easier to find? 
Last edited by NormLarson on Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

silver

Post by silver » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:13 am

If you're talking about a short throw shifter as this thread is titled then yes I'm interested.......If you're talking about something to make 5th easier to find.....then NO for me.

NormLarson

Post by NormLarson » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:17 am

Aaron, you are correct.  I will make a new thread ...

silver

Post by silver » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:18 am

no worries, just wouldn't want anyone to accidentally commit to something on accident.

bolus

Post by bolus » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:04 pm

my shifter is at Perrin's shop now.  the shifter is similar to a Mini and Evo short shifter.  He is going to take it a part at let me know.  If it works out I'll let you guys nkow how to order