Got a alignment... WOW (after doing rodends)

bolus

Re: Got a alignment... WOW (after doing rodends)

Post by bolus » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:10 am

have you seen the new surface though?  You could replace your shocks with solid steel and still drink tea going 100 on the straight

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:15 am

Ah, but could I stick my pinky out.. thats the real question

Caroline

Post by Caroline » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:27 am

I have fond childhood memories of my dad driving his 911 flat out on a bendy mountain road in Wales steering with his knees, doughnut in one hand and coffee in the other...jam & scalding liquids flying everywhere...what doesn't kill you...

I've got very bored with AutoX recently, too much waiting around not enough balls out speed.

bolus

Post by bolus » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:48 am

I know I'll get crap for saying this but autox feels like gokarts for big cars.  whats the point if you cant get out of second gear. 

dp

Post by dp » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:26 am

[quote="DarthChicken"]
Yes, but the road course is... well pretty boring honestly DP.  I thought PIR was pretty cool, until I went to Hallett and Fernley.  I know.. its home track, and I need to get my ass out there and get some time in.  I just wish there was some elevation change.. some blind corners.. something more exciting!
[/quote]

eh, just drive faster ;) 

dp

Post by dp » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:32 am

[quote="Caroline"]
I have fond childhood memories of my dad driving his 911 flat out on a bendy mountain road in Wales steering with his knees, doughnut in one hand and coffee in the other...jam & scalding liquids flying everywhere...what doesn't kill you...

I've got very bored with AutoX recently, too much waiting around not enough balls out speed.
[/quote]

my term for it is 'picnic in a parking lot'.  you spend the whole day on a piece of asphalt for a total of 4 minutes of tracktime, give or take.  and there is no opprotunity to work on things or experiment.  autocross does have a purpose - to see what the car does when you cross the limits, with only cones to hit.  don't want to be doing that at 136mph braking for turn 10 :)  at a typical trackday i get 5-6 20-minute sessions and i learn something new every time i go out, even now wth over 5,000 laps at PIR alone.  it certainly isn't boring for me.  just have to have an agenda and a means for measuring results.  datalogging is essential in my opinion.