LSJ Hits 400hp with vid

bolus

Re: LSJ Hits 400hp with vid

Post by bolus » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:02 pm

pretty impressive for stock internals

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:32 pm

Getting there on stock internals is easy! It's how long will it last that's the real mystery :o

bolus

Post by bolus » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:29 am

That's what I was originally encouraged to do.  "turbocharge it and wait until something breaks to upgrade" 

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:23 am

I put over 700 mls on mine with stock parts and the Rotrex kit for Atomfest. It had not much less HP than it does now. Only changed because I had to do the ECU and when I started I figured why not just get it all done.
When tore apart, the # 3 cylinder showed a very slight out of round and the 3 & 4rth gear cogs showed a little wear, but no failures due anytime soon. I guess # 3 cylinder (almost sure it was #3?) gets the least amount of coolant and that's normal.

So all in all, I could have run on stock parts most likely for a long time. Well.....maybe, and that's the rub. You just dont know.

I would never say I had too much power in my Atom. "Enough" or "too much" are such arbitrary statements. Many would laugh and disbelieve that anybody could ever use more than 425WHP in an Atom anyway. Lord knows it's all been said before. But around the 425WHP range, it really is insane and you have to be on your game big time. When I came home from a drive the other night I took a pulse reading. 125 BPM, from just driving around for an hour. I quickly downloaded the 400 whp map back into it as it is much "nicer" to drive in town.

Those extra ponies just tip it into the twilight zone.  :o