Supercharger Pully Puller?

nickpoore

Supercharger Pully Puller?

Post by nickpoore » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:51 am

I think the club purchased a pulley remover/installer.

Does anyone know who had it last as I have an upcoming project?

Thanks.

Kempo

Re: Supercharger Pully Puller?

Post by Kempo » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:13 am

I sent one out to Silver and told him to pass it to who ever needs it on the forum. Check with him if he still has it or if he sent it out to someone else.

bolus

Post by bolus » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:28 am

I bought one but Darth destroyed it :(

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:30 am

The force was weak in that one.  Sorry  :-\

bolus

Post by bolus » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:36 am

that's what you get for trying to remove a pulley with the dark side of the force
Attachments
choke.jpg
choke.jpg (4 KiB) Viewed 304 times

silver

Post by silver » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:16 am

Hey Nicolas, I still have the puller, I tried to give it away lots of times, no one needed it, but, it just so happens that I need it again soon too, my car goes into the shop Monday for Fortress to finalize the exhaust, so I'm not going to have my car for approximately 2 weeks, if you can use it within the next 2 weeks then send it back that would work out great.  It's a delicate piece so be careful with it, hopefully it's good for a few more installs...It might be stronger than I think but you'll see when you get it.

If you can't use it for a while, then I'll keep it until I get a chance to swap my pulley back to the original then send it off to you.

P.S. it's just a pulley installer, You need to get a pulley puller too, and do not get one with the 3 jaws, you need to get one that bolts into the threaded holes in the pulley, that way you don't damage your pulley while removing it.  I found that out the hard way.

Let me know which way works for you now or later, PM me your details!

Bottoz

Post by Bottoz » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:52 pm

I used a modified Mustang Cobra puller/installer for my removal/instalation of the SC Pulley. It was designed for an Eaton M112 blower... not a smaller Eaton M62 Blower. The thread size was a little different. But, the exact one you're looking for is HERE. I also went with their interchangable pulley system. Makes Pulley swaps a quick 5 min job.

bolus

Post by bolus » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:53 pm

[quote="Bottoz"]
I used a modified Mustang Cobra puller/installer for my removal/instalation of the SC Pulley. It was designed for an Eaton M112 blower... not a smaller Eaton M62 Blower. The thread size was a little different. But, the exact one you're looking for is HERE. I also went with their interchangable pulley system. Makes Pulley swaps a quick 5 min job.
[/quote]

Tell that to Darth who used my intense racing puller and nearly broke his arms off getting his pulley changed :)

Bottoz

Post by Bottoz » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:54 pm

OOPS!

silver

Post by silver » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:09 pm

Did Darth have an impact wrench???? it's kinda required to change your pulley.

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:13 am

The threads stripped out on the main shaft of the tool.  About halfway down it, so I ended up having to fight the threads half the length of the tool, bruising my hands in the process.