need a little assistance........again

silver

Re: need a little assistance........again

Post by silver » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:06 pm

[quote="DarthChicken"]
Is the 200 miles all on the track?  You need to be closed loop... cruise... light on the throttle (less than 35%).  I know.. impossible for you.

(got your message, there better NOT be any reason it shouldn't work)
[/quote]

have driven over 100 miles more ....as slow as I can 5th gear even......cruising at the speed limits, not accelerating(much) and this was 2 50 mile trips on 2 different days.

O2 and evap still not ready.

grr.......guess I have to keep dirving.

what I don't understand is last year I had the ECU disconnected so I understand why it wasn't ready when I went to get inspection, this year however, I've had the ecu plugged in for months, I know the battery got really low a couple times but I never had to jump start the car...and I'm darn sure I've done hundreds of miles on the new ecu (although I have no way to really check)  and the darn monitors aren't ready.  I just want it to pass and I'm getting frustrated but I'm sure in the end the answer is I just have to drive it morel.

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:21 pm

I don't think its number of miles, but number of heat cycles.  So drive it 5 miles, shut it off... let it cool off, drive another 5 miles.  Not sure how many cycles it takes.  Did you get my email? 

silver

Post by silver » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:23 pm

I did not get your email...hmm, please send again.

and Ok I will definitely do more cycles instead of 50mile trips....I'm hoping to finish the driving tomorrow......rent a obd2 reader from the autoparts store so I can confirm it's ready before I go back to the inspection plade for the 4th time.

silver

Post by silver » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:52 pm

I found this link, it explains what you are talking about Darth

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showth ... p?t=131971

it's a long post but the gist is,

gm drive cycle

from a cold start, idle for 2.5 minutes (err something..read the post if you want exact.)
then from a stop accelerate to 55mph hold for 3 minutes
coast to 20mph without using the brake or clutch hold
accelrate to 55 hold
coast to 20mph hold

done

kinda like that...therefore nothing to do with miles on the odometer...hmm..think i'm going to take the car out again in a few hours when it's cooled off and try this cycle thingy.