Turbo build journal

bolus

Re: Turbo build journal

Post by bolus » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:45 pm

zombie thread, back from the dead...

anyone know why my engine vibration, that was quite prominent after removing the balance shafts, is now gone?  Or at least back to the levels prior to my engine build?  not complaining since I can see out of my mirrors now just didn't expect it at all.  seems weird....

silver

Post by silver » Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:59 pm

[quote="bolus"]

anyone know why my engine vibration, that was quite prominent after removing the balance shafts, is now gone?  Or at least back to the levels prior to my engine build?  not complaining since I can see out of my mirrors now just didn't expect it at all.  seems weird....

[/quote]

reason 1: now you go so fast your eyes are vibrating in your head out of phase with the vibrations of the engine therefore it looks normal

reason 2:  your crankshaft is out of balance now cuz you have too much hp and it's offsetting the normal vibration of the rest of the engine ;D

NormLarson

Post by NormLarson » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:10 pm

[quote="bolus"]

[/quote]

I wouldn't bitch!  Not that you are, man that is weird.  You should have a noticeable annoying vibration, ... but, if you don't, great!

bolus

Post by bolus » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:34 pm

I guess it shook itself back into place.  maybe the engine mounts are broken and it is hanging free in the engine compartment :)

dingo

Post by dingo » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:15 pm

Just a guess here.
Tyre pressures lower now than before by any chance? 
Seriously, the differrence in vibration I feel between 18psi (high vibes) vs. 15 psi (low to negligibble) is dramatic.

Also obvious and I'm sure you would have given us this clue. 
You didn't change rims \ tires between these experiences and have an unbalanced tire fixed did you?

I have tolerated vibrations and after a wheel balance, kicked myself for not having done it sooner.
An out of balance tire will really shake you in a way that might feel like engine vibes.

bolus

Post by bolus » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:38 pm

Tire pressures were the same.  The engine would cause a specific vibration from 2800-3000 rpm when sitting at a stop that would vibrate the mirrors enough that I could not see through them.  This occurred after the engine was rebuilt.  now that vibration is gone

Just weird. 

silver

Post by silver » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:36 am

[quote="bolus"]
Tire pressures were the same.   The engine would cause a specific vibration from 2800-3000 rpm when sitting at a stop that would vibrate the mirrors enough that I could not see through them.  This occurred after the engine was rebuilt.  now that vibration is gone

Just weird. 
[/quote]

clearly you should thank jesus....isn't that what everybody does :td:

bolus

Post by bolus » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:40 am

Obviously Jesus did it, I just want to know how.  You know I use holy water now in the meth tank.  15% better than straight meth

silver

Post by silver » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:42 am

i put devil's food cake in mine...has teh exact opposite effect :D

WorkingOnIt

Post by WorkingOnIt » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:38 pm

Last edited by WorkingOnIt on Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silver

Post by silver » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:40 pm

he's self banned....he's not dead.

I was just emailing back and forth with him how funny that you posted this question just now.

WorkingOnIt

Post by WorkingOnIt » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:46 pm

Last edited by WorkingOnIt on Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silver

Post by silver » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:59 pm

will PM you

Gage

Post by Gage » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:27 pm

[quote="WorkingOnIt"]
Anyone wondering what Bolus has been up to - he just popped into a thread someone else started about his Turbo conversion on exocars.net

http://exocars.net/showthread.php?t=4647

There's also a link in the thread to his photobucket album with pictures that no longer link from this forum.
[/quote]

I value this site (forum.atomclub.com) for all the positive things it has done for the Atom owner community internationally. 

However, I can also say without any doubt that Bolus is one of the best agents of Atom information, enthusiasm, and resourcefulness on the planet.  With his time and money he goes out of his way to help other Atom enthusiasts.  Whatever led to his departure from this site stained and diminished it permanently.         

silver

Post by silver » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:29 pm

[quote="Gage"]
[quote="WorkingOnIt"]
Anyone wondering what Bolus has been up to - he just popped into a thread someone else started about his Turbo conversion on exocars.net

http://exocars.net/showthread.php?t=4647

There's also a link in the thread to his photobucket album with pictures that no longer link from this forum.
[/quote]

I value this site (forum.atomclub.com) for all the positive things it has done for the Atom owner community internationally. 

However, I can also say without any doubt that Bolus is one of the best agents of Atom information, enthusiasm, and resourcefulness on the planet.  With his time and money he goes out of his way to help other Atom enthusiasts.  Whatever led to his departure from this site stained and diminished it permanently.         

[/quote] :tu: