Need Help, New Exhaust Systems Being Developed!

silver

Re: Need Help, New Exhaust Systems Being Developed!

Post by silver » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:02 am

oh yeah...the dual tips can be replaced with V band clamps so you can add supertrapps.....at least that's what I think Ray said is another option.

bolus

Post by bolus » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:03 am

looks great! though I dont care for the tips.  The header looks excellent. 
5:  the muffler uses solid metal baffels inside NO fiberglass filler to blow out.  It probably will never fail
haha.  Im sure if it was made out of solid rock our cars would still melt it :)

silver

Post by silver » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:05 am

the tips will be replaced on the final system....and I think Ray will let you pick whatever you want....some people will have Vband clamps on there so they can switch between tips and supertraps.

At first I wanted the tips not to be angled and I also wanted them further towards the front of the car so they didn't stick out so much....but once you hear this bad boy...you kinda want them sticking out a little...saying HELLO ;D

The final tips will be up to whomever is buying the system I believe so at least that's pretty damn cool, and I think he'll do No tips for those that do not want tips.

rfmarz@frontiernet

Post by rfmarz@frontiernet » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:05 pm

Wow, the exhaust looks awesome! :tu: :tu: :tu:. Any idea as to cost, potential mods to fit it and, will each Atom have to be "fitted" individually? I'd love to hear it. Does it still sound at all like a fart can?

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:25 pm

I think there than can be no better endorsement for any after market part on this forum than for me to say I'm not keen ;D

Seriously, I love that you chaps mess with the car, and I'm delighted that you're finding solutions to problems that you may or may not have with your cars.

Whilst I like the box and don't mind the chavtastic tips, I can't help having one word go through my brain whenever I see an exhaust that exits outside the frame on an Atom...

Hemorrhoid.
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

silver

Post by silver » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:45 pm

RF
1: no idea on cost that's Ray's dept
2:  each atom will NOT have to be fitted individually, he's having a jig built based off mine...no flex joints needed!!
3:  what mods do you want?  yes it will have some but we've gone through so many ideas, what did you have in mind
4: NO it doesn't sound like a fart can....somehow it sounds similar to a V8

Bruce:
I agree that it sucks that the car doesnt have enough room to fit the exhaust inside the frame, but I have 2 thoughts about that
1:  the muffler isn't "inside the frame either" so if one more pipe is unprotected, then what's the difference.  (If Simon thought it was that much of a problem, he would have built a cover for the muffler....and he didn't)
2:  I wish it fit inside, but, in order to have an exhaust built to handle the ecotec, it needs to be 3" diameter, therefore you can't build a proper exhaust in the space given.  It does have a cleaner look since the secondary comes from the bottom and is inline with the right exhaust tip, at least visually it's less distracting.
For those who ceramic coat black, and have black frames, it will probably dissapear.
Last edited by silver on Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:48 pm

[quote="silver"]
(If Simon thought it was that much of a problem, he would have built a cover for the muffler....and he didn't)
[/quote]

Want a bet?
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

silver

Post by silver » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:57 pm

no I don't want to bet, why don't you just simply explain yourself.

rfmarz@frontiernet

Post by rfmarz@frontiernet » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:03 pm

Mods? It looks great to me! Oh if it only sounded like a V8!!!!!!!!! Did I mention that I like the way it looks? The only real downside I see with it working outside of the frames protection, is the possibility of damage in a collision. That being said, there would likely be damage to the stock system in a collision too. The exhaust system might be the least of your worries.

Gage

Post by Gage » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:43 pm

I like it.    Not sure about the optional tips.  I would love to see it in person.  We need better pics!

As for the sound...  How do restricted nasal passages make your voice sound verses no restriction?  Nasally, or in the case of the Ecotec, fart cannish.    This exhaust opens things up, quite a bit from the look of the pictures.

I find it hard to believe that it sounds like a V-8, but I do believe that it will sound MUCH better than the restricted poorly designed product it replaces.

silver

Post by silver » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:47 pm

it sounds like a V8 at idle.....not under the gun....I think I mentioned that earlier...I dunno either way IT IS BADASS

Gage

Post by Gage » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:48 pm

Get a freakin sound clip man!    ;D

silver

Post by silver » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:50 pm

BLUB BLUB BLUB BLUB RAWWWWR RAWWWWR RAWWWR  SONIC BOOOOOOOMMMM

HOWS THAT.

Gage

Post by Gage » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:51 pm

Like saying......    Oh she's so hot, so incredibly beautiful, drool worthy; you would just die if you saw her!  

:laugh:
Last edited by Gage on Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silver

Post by silver » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:52 pm

haha hillarious....I'll see if Ray can manage to message me a sound clip.