how to build a bulitproof 300 ecotec

MadMaxedAtom

Re: how to build a bulitproof 300 ecotec

Post by MadMaxedAtom » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:10 pm

Thanks for the articles.Good reading!!

I'm a little bummed  as I read somewhere GM used forged pistons in the Ecotec S/C'd engine,but I guess not. :'(

I was thinking along the lines that the 300hp optioned Brammo engines would have the forged pistons,better valve springs,better cams,65lb. injectors etc etc. but in actuality it appears NONE of that happened.

So,how come it cost 3k more thaan stage two?................Anyone????

Double bummed... :'( :'( 

Oh well, more for us motorheads to do. Busy....busy...busy..... ;D

3Rotor

Post by 3Rotor » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:16 am

would all that stuff really be required to make 300HP?   Reason I'm asking,  the engine I'm using, even though Turbocharged from factory, can go all the way to 350Hp in OEM trim, obviously with some external, shall we call them "Blot-on" insentives...

;D

then again, now that I'm thinking of it,  the pistons are forged in these engines...  so yeah, guess it would be.
Last edited by Guest on Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MadMaxedAtom

Post by MadMaxedAtom » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:13 am

Forged pistons are a really good idea on any performance motor and almost mandatory on one with more than 12psi. of boost.

I would also get rid of the torque to yield head bolts and main girdle bolts.

There are also rumors of the 2.4l  crank being used in some builds for more cubes (better torque!)

Jammer

Post by Jammer » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:59 am

I think as the technical info reaches the owners, there is a little disappointment.. we all sorta hoped there was some majic inside since when questions were asked..the answers were elusive and cryptic.

Oh yeah.. I will drive one again... I just want lingenfelters eco in it.