notes for the brammo 300hp upgrade procedure

rfmarz@frontiernet

Re: notes for the brammo 300hp upgrade procedure

Post by rfmarz@frontiernet » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:21 pm

This is what I'm understanding. I guess the talk of the need to remove the existing pulley with the $100 pulley puller is what confused me. :doh:  I have the new injectors, intake and ECU reflash. I believe my car was the first. I did not, however get a different pulley. As I said before, the water injection without major reworking of the accessories sounds like the way to go

silver

Post by silver » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:23 pm

you bought a 230 car right.....basically the difference between your car and what ours is going to be is the pulley......and the dual pass end plate on the supercharger....whatever that is i don't think it really matters.  You can double check your pulley to see if which one it is by looking for the little pin sized dimples on the front face near the edge...if you still have 1 then they didn't change your pulley....if you have 2 then they changed your pulley and didn't tell you  ;)

rfmarz@frontiernet

Post by rfmarz@frontiernet » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:26 pm

silver, I have the 300 and was the first, I believe, to have the aformentioned changes (#80). The pulley change wasn't an option yet.

bolus

Post by bolus » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:30 pm

Did Brammo contact you about the upgrade offer then? 

silver

Post by silver » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:43 pm

gotcha, my bad, then you might just need the pulley then you're done. :tu:

rfmarz@frontiernet

Post by rfmarz@frontiernet » Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:52 pm

No, Bolus. They were kind of holding my car back and doing the things that they had come up with at the time. Again, silver, why would I change the pulley when you guys might discover that water injection will be the best of all worlds without the pulley swap? It seems that I'd want the higher compression pulley that could make more HP throughout the range. Or, do I need to go back to  :doh:

MadMaxedAtom

Post by MadMaxedAtom » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:14 pm

My car had the smooth intake and I/C expansion tank form Brammo.I am going to hold off sending back my pcm until after I try the water/meth injection and maybe even do the twin screw with the stage 3 pcm.I am not seeing the benefit (in my situation) of exchanging the injectors, pcm and installing a larger pulley.Seems like a step back given the facts to this point.

Kempo

Post by Kempo » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:18 pm

Mad what do you mean by I/C expansion tank? is there an option larger than the small stock reservoir for the intercooler coolant?

bolus

Post by bolus » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:29 pm

[quote="rfmarz"]
No, Bolus. They were kind of holding my car back and doing the things that they had come up with at the time. Again, silver, why would I change the pulley when you guys might discover that water injection will be the best of all worlds without the pulley swap? It seems that I'd want the higher compression pulley that could make more HP throughout the range. Or, do I need to go back to  :doh:
[/quote]

We did not really know what the upgrade would do.  Water injection has been an afterthought really.

The new tune was also supposed to get rid of OBD codes that would keep us from passing emissions (unfortunately the codes are still there).

So we jumped in hoping to have 300 hp with the upgrade.  That looked like it is not going to happen but our ECU's are flashed so we done have an easy choice.  Ask brammo to flash them back and install old parts and add water injection or keep new parts except for pulley and add water injection.  NO easy way to test the setups side by side so it is easier just to keep the new stuff we got and work on our own fixes.

silver

Post by silver » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:04 pm

Exactly what Bolus said.

Water injection wasn't part of solution presented to us by brammo (to the conference call group) nor did we know exactly what they were going to be changing until Kempo recieved his package first, I mean we knew it would be a diff pulley but we didn't know it was going to be a bigger pulley

I think for those of us that were on the conference call we are feeling like we've fought the good fight, we have a solution....not the solution, and we're just going to take what they are giving to us and go our seperate ways from there.  I'm not too anxious for more power so I'm comfortable for the time being putting the larger pulley on and having a car that can consistently produce 240rwhp versus a car that only produced 220 rwhp due to heatsoak.

And it better put down 240hp or more or I will be going back to brammo.

MadMaxedAtom

Post by MadMaxedAtom » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:13 pm

^ :tu:

(Kempo,I meant to type the new coolant expansion tank.Mine already had the new style.)

silver

Post by silver » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:06 pm

finally I have all the parts.

Basically the injectors go back in fighting....the second one from the passenger side can not go in the correct alignment....so umm that wasn't thought through very well.  Bolus already made mention of that but I'm just stating it again.

the pulley is taking for freaking ever to get back on, just as aggrevating as getting it off, if not more. 

After I get the pulley and belt on I'm going to plug in the ECU and prime the injectors to check for leaks.  It's really hard to tell how perfectly they are in there, but you can tell that it does pop in, once you've got them in the right places.

more soon....for now, I have to keep waiting for the compressor to fill back up, because it doesn't hold enough air to get the damn pulley back on.

bolus

Post by bolus » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:11 pm

I got my pulley extractor from Intense racing yesterday.  It weighs more than my large cast iron skillet.  I could kill people with this thing. 
It is definitely going to be close - water injection or new pulley - before atomfest

silver

Post by silver » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:20 pm

as far as I can tell.......it's probably easier to completely custom fabricate a water injection system than get this damn pulley back on :doh:

This sucks.

bolus

Post by bolus » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:23 pm

want to borrow my puller?  you could mail it back with the pulley
http://www.intense-racing.com/Merchant2 ... ct_Count=2