Clutch doesn't totally disengage.

Mr.Woolery

Re: Clutch doesn't totally disengage.

Post by Mr.Woolery » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:30 am

[quote="maverick1"]
Spaz, do you know which Speedbleeder model we need for the Atom? Does it vary if you have the Wilwoods or Alcons?
Cheersâ?¢
[/quote]

I believe that there are Speedbleeders for both caliper types, but different models are used.  I'd call them and ask...I did some time back and they were quite nice and helpful.

Terry Kennedy

Post by Terry Kennedy » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:42 am

[quote="AndyLUFC"]
Finally got round to replacing the master cylinder yesterday and the clutch is now perfecto! It was certainly this that was causing the partial disengagement problem and the lottery as to where the clutch would bite. Apart from some minor DOT4 bukkake, about 10 minutes.
[/quote]

I replaced all 3 master cylinders and reservoirs last week (clutch for the same problem you had, brakes because I changed brake packages* and needed a different size from what was on there). I have to tell you, it took me a lot longer than 10 minutes per. I was amazed at the clutch feel once I replaced the master cylinder.

* My Atom had the original "Race" package with 4-pot Alcons in the front and 2-pot Alcons in the rear. Master cylinders were 3/4" and 5/8". Because these rears need custom pads, I switched to 4-pot Alcons in the rear, so I have them all around. This setup uses 7/10" master cylinders for both front and rear.

AndyLUFC

Post by AndyLUFC » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:50 am

I have a vacuum with the speed bleeder so may have helped. But, yes she's transformed with a working clutch!