It's the Magnets!

Karl

Re: It's the Magnets!

Post by Karl » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:10 pm

[quote="Jammer"]
[quote="dp35"]
The GM powered Atoms might not have this problem, because they don't use a magnet on the driveshaft.  Instead, they use the OEM sensor inside the tranny. 

Mine does do some funny stuff at low speeds, including the occasional spaz up to 160mph when barely moving, but it doesn't seem as bad as what you're describing.
[/quote]

Its tidbits like this that make this forum great.
[/quote]

Well it's been confirmed a few posts up that the EcoTecs have the same problem - most likely because it's the same dash, and speed is computed in a similar manner.

Jammer

Post by Jammer » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:14 am

[quote="Karl"]
[quote="Jammer"]
[quote="dp35"]
The GM powered Atoms might not have this problem, because they don't use a magnet on the driveshaft.  Instead, they use the OEM sensor inside the tranny. 

Mine does do some funny stuff at low speeds, including the occasional spaz up to 160mph when barely moving, but it doesn't seem as bad as what you're describing.
[/quote]

Its tidbits like this that make this forum great.
[/quote]

Well it's been confirmed a few posts up that the EcoTecs have the same problem - most likely because it's the same dash, and speed is computed in a similar manner.
[/quote]

I wasnt referring to the issue at hand.. but to know the Honda has magnets, the Eco uses a tranny sensor..that kinda info... just stuff I like to know.

Karl

Post by Karl » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:22 am

[quote="Jammer"]
I wasnt referring to the issue at hand.. but to know the Honda has magnets, the Eco uses a tranny sensor..that kinda info... just stuff I like to know.
[/quote]

Agreed! :)