Traqmate installation

1965Cobra427

Traqmate installation

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:53 pm

I just got around to snapping a photo of the Traqmate installation in my car.

The control unit is mounted on a small aluminum angle which is velcro'd to the cowl panel under the bubble. That makes is an easy exchange for the V1 radar detector. Traqmate has agreed to participate in AtomFest and will put on a seminar there. We will also have Traqmate systems in every Atom for at lease one session each.

Grassroots Motorsports magazine published an article in the February issue on data acquisition featuring the Traqmate unit. Here is a sample video from our car and Sharpatom2's car at Hallett.

rfmarz@frontiernet

Re: Traqmate installation

Post by rfmarz@frontiernet » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:17 pm

Cobra, how about the cost? Difficulty to "decode" and operate? Have you ever used a Mychron instrument- comparison? Thanks.

1965Cobra427

Re: Traqmate installation

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:45 pm

[quote="rfmarz"]
Cobra, how about the cost? Difficulty to "decode" and operate? Have you ever used a Mychron instrument- comparison? Thanks.
[/quote]

The price begins at $699 and goes up to $1,149 for the deluxe system with remote display, video integration and various mounting options. Part of our AtomFest arrangements with Track Systems will allow us to sell a limited number of units there at a significant discount.
I hope to meet with Track Systems personally in the next couple of weeks where we will finalize these arrangements. Future plans also will include a member discount for AAOC members.