Padle Shifter

dp

Re: Padle Shifter

Post by dp » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:49 pm

Someday I hope to see that Atom of yours, quite intriguing. I  also hope to someday get into a car with a real sequential gearbox, be it an atom or otherwise.  SOmeday..  today Im quite happy with my manual shifting Atom though.
it should be running in a couple of months...  i'll be posting its trackday appearances on my site and i'm always happy to give rides :)

i've driven a couple of cars with sequential boxes - my westfield had one and the dp1 prototype has one as well.  i also had an '06 M5 with SMG for about 3 months.  oh, and my shifter kart.  both westie and dp1 proto are hayabusa bike motors/gearboxes.  sequentials are great on the track, the upshifts are a lot of fun and downshifts are easy.  you get into a rhythm and it definitely adds to the overall experience (and makes for very marginally faster laptimes too).  on the street it's quite another story.  even the bmw unit was clunky and a pain in traffic, and the manually operated westie was even more so.  having to downshift through all the gears can be a chore when just driving around normally and coming to a stop sign.  manageable, of course, but if most of your driving is on the street a sequential is not all that good a choice.

Myerfire48

Post by Myerfire48 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:07 pm

[quote="dp"]

if most of your driving is on the street a sequential is not all that good a choice.

[/quote]

Agreed.  Thats why I drive a truck with an automatic.  Easy.  I look forward to meeting you at a trackday, maybe Thunderhill?

DP35 - my hairdresser... ohhh.  You know I had to stop going to her.  She was great to look at and get fondled by on a monthly basis, but I got tired of my my hair looking like crap.

dp35

Post by dp35 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:43 pm

[quote="Myerfire48"]
DP35 - my hairdresser... ohhh.  You know I had to stop going to her.  She was great to look at and get fondled by on a monthly basis, but I got tired of my my hair looking like crap.
[/quote]

Did she emerge from the room with messed up hair too?

Bottoz

Post by Bottoz » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:49 pm

[quote="dp35"]
[quote="Myerfire48"]
[/quote]

Did she emerge from the room with messed up hair too?
[/quote]

HAHA lol... JBF Hair. Just Been F_____ ;)