Dyno'd my 230 HP Ecotec last weekend - Thanks SharpAtom2 & Darkside!

1965Cobra427

Dyno'd my 230 HP Ecotec last weekend - Thanks SharpAtom2 & Darkside!

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:27 pm

Thanks to SharpAtom2 and Darkside for the fantastic welcome and enjoyable afternoon on very short notice. (I contacted them before lunch and showed up right after).

Don't have all of the details yet or graphs, but I was well pleased with the results: 205 WHP and a torque curve flat as Kansas. Traditional adjustment for driveline loss of 15%, the flywheel HP would be a little above 230, the GM rating for my combination. I was a few feet away from the Dynojet display, but it looked like the torque was above 180 when we started each pass at about 1,800 RPM. I could be wrong about that, but I just couldn't believe how flat the graph was. Hope to get screen shots/printouts (and maybe video) soon.

This is the dyno that has been offered up to Atomites who attend Atomfest I next fall.

SHARPATOM2

Re: Dyno'd my 230 HP Ecotec last weekend - Thanks SharpAtom2 & Darkside!

Post by SHARPATOM2 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:03 am

Cobra,
It was a pleasure having you and your Atom over for a run on the dyno.
It will be interesting to see the numbers when your Ecoteck gets a few miles on it.
I suspect it is still factory fresh or at least just starting to loosen up. Differant plugs,.... race gas...."I need more power Scotty".
Keep your foot in it.

Bottoz

Post by Bottoz » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:05 am

Thats Great 1965Cobra427. Positive displacement blowers to make some great flat tq lines! What is your elevation? Did you log A/F ratio or Boost?

Mattr762

Post by Mattr762 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:16 am

The dyno was done in Tulsa (where I live). From the research I've done, the closest I can come to an elevation is 677ft. That number comes from the Tulsa airport. The dyno I believe is 4-5 miles away and the land is pretty flat here, so the elevation shouldn't change that much from 677ft.

I'm interested in seeing your dyno. Here (in red) is a stock supercharged Cobalt SS dyno (203whp/180wtq):
Last edited by Mattr762 on Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

McFred

Post by McFred » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:25 pm

[quote="1965Cobra427"]I was a few feet away from the Dynojet display,
[/quote]

DynoJet huh?  Did you manage to get the .DRF dyno log file?  And if you did, would you be interested in sharing?    Did the torque drop off or did the rev limiter cut in first like in the above dyno example?

1965Cobra427

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:33 pm

I am pretty sure the .DRF file could me bade available. The tester is a Forum member and has my permission to share it if he wants.

On two of the three runs, I lifted just before the redline. These resulted in WHP of just under 200. On the other run, I ran it to the redline (rev-limiter did not kick in, but the shift light was illuminated. That run showed 205.