Filter model for Brammo remote (spin-on) oil filter?

Terry Kennedy

Filter model for Brammo remote (spin-on) oil filter?

Post by Terry Kennedy » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:25 am

Silly question - what was the stock oil filter on Brammo Atoms with the remote oil cooler / filter setup?

The reason I ask is that I progressed through a number of different filters, ending up at the EaO57 which was discontinued by the manufacturer as it caused problems in Toyota engines.

Each time you cross-reference to another filter, things can change subtly (or not-so-subtly*), so I'm wondering what the original filter Brammo used was, so I can go back and cross-reference from that one.

* As an example, none of the OEM air filters that the K&N on the molded air intake cross-references from will fit in the Atom.

toby

Re: Filter model for Brammo remote (spin-on) oil filter?

Post by toby » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:33 am

Just looked in my owners manual. The oil filter is... um... not listed! I see the fuel filter, air filter, headlight bulbs, etc., but not the oil filter? Weird.

Terry Kennedy

Post by Terry Kennedy » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:15 am

[quote="toby"]
Just looked in my owners manual. The oil filter is... um... not listed! I see the fuel filter, air filter, headlight bulbs, etc., but not the oil filter? Weird.
[/quote]

Yup. :doh:

I expect that it was "obvious" back when Brammo didn't offer the remote oil filter and cooler, since the stock LSJ filter housing is part of the block. The remote kit came quite a bit later and they never updated the manual with the info. I'm not sure why, since they did update it for the new-style molded intake's air filter.

Radowick

Post by Radowick » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:38 am

I think it is a NAPA Gold 1348.

Terry Kennedy

Post by Terry Kennedy » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:30 pm

[quote="Spanky"]
I think it is a NAPA Gold 1348.
[/quote]

Yup, that crosses to the same PL10241 that the EaO57 did, so that seems to be a match. Thanks!

RyanD

Post by RyanD » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:24 am

The Royal Purple filter is a 10-2835.