A day(ok,days..) at SMG dyno shop with my Harrop equipped Atom

Heywood-Yablowme

Re: A day(ok,days..) at SMG dyno shop with my Harrop equipped Atom

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:57 pm

You live long enough,you see a lot of sh1t happen. ;)

Area47

Post by Area47 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:05 pm

I have done a lot of stupid sh1t in my time.  A couple times it cost me motors or trans missions.  Other times it was suspension.  Live and learn. 

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:14 pm

[quote="Area47"]
I have done a lot of stupid sh1t in my time.  A couple times it cost me motors or trans missions.  Other times it was suspension.  Live and learn.   

[/quote]

When it comes to stupid stuff, I've got you all beat!  ;D

Saying that, I bet Eddie Hill has probably blown more motors that all of us combined ever will  :angel:

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:20 pm

I had just been bragging to Fred at SMG that I have not had an engine fail under my foot in over 30 years,and I have been racing this or that non stop every one of those years...not to mention the "eary" years,breaking everything imaginable.Talk about trial and error. That gets old real fast.   I consider myself pretty in tune (pun intended) with how my car is running. This let go so fast and without any hint of trouble I could only surmise physical overload. Until I tear it down,I cannot be 100% sure of anything.Even then,it can become a bit of what came first,chicken or the egg... the broken egg.

If you are not breaking stuff in Top Fuel,you aren't winning. You just can't break every time and win... ;)
Last edited by Heywood-Yablowme on Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

CalScot

Post by CalScot » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:40 pm

[quote="MadMaxAtom and company"]
I had just been bragging to Fred at SMG that I have not had an engine fail under my foot in over 30 years,and I have been racing this or that non stop every one of those years...not to mention the "eary" years,breaking everything imaginable.Talk about trial and error. That gets old real fast.   I consider myself pretty in tune (pun intended) with how my car is running. This let go so fast and without any hint of trouble I could only surmise physical overload. Until I tear it down,I cannot be 100% sure of anything.Even then,it can become a bit of what came first,chicken or the egg...

If you are not breaking stuff in Top Fuel,you aren't winning. You just can't break every time and win... ;)
[/quote]

I was just thinking last week I have never crashed a car. Been in several wrecks as a passenger but never as a driver. I've spun on track many times and indeed have come close to whacking it (125mph 500+ yard slide at Hallet in the wet grass was a doozie) but I've been lucky. Well until last weekend when I hit a wall in the F2000 at about 50mph.

I've now blown up several engines and crashed and wrecked pretty hard. NO record to worry about now  :laugh:

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:46 pm

About the only thing I have not done behind the wheel is put a car on the roof.... :H: I am hoping to take that to my grave... ;)   Still looking at Formula cars myself..just can't find one that fits... :D (One of the things I surely love about the Atom; It's very small..but roomy.)
Last edited by Heywood-Yablowme on Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.