ALERT ALERT ALERT haha brammo ecotec's read this

silver

Re: ALERT ALERT ALERT haha brammo ecotec's read this

Post by silver » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:30 pm

[quote="DarthChicken"]
I know what he said.  And I still think he's full of it.  There is a big open end, and a small end.. if you swap them around, it changes the amount of time coolant will stay in the tubes.  Its the difference between pouring water in the little end of a funnel, and the big end of a funnel.

[/quote]

I get what you're saying but why would he lie?

in any case, what's the way you say it should go, b/c when I swap the blower I will follow your advice since I'm already going to be deep in there might as well.........worst case scenario no gain per Laminova guy, best case scenario, gain per you.

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:39 pm

exactly  :tu:

silver

Post by silver » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:58 pm

[quote="DarthChicken"]
exactly  :tu:
[/quote]

haha what I meant to say is.........what's your advice?

on the outer 2, put the small end towards the hose, and on the inner two put the big hold towards the hose?  or does it depend on the direction that mine is currently flowing in.

mine goes from middle hose connection (the extra hose that spanky's missing) to the inlet of the pump, then to the intercooler and back to the laminova tubes where it splits and goes back in the top and bottom hose..........so I assume you want to slow down the liquid upon entering that chamber right? which would mean put the small end at the hose connections where it's flowing in?

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:03 pm

Follow the directions for the the stage three setup.  First step is to get the flow going the right direction, from there follow the directions.  And yes, worst case it does no harm, best case it works better.

Speedytec

Post by Speedytec » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:03 pm

[quote="silver"]
he said the tube is an orifice to reduce flow, just like putting an orifice in the bleed line, it doesn't matter if you put the orifice in at the intercooler or at the surge tank either way it's going to restrict the flow to the same rate.........................same thing with the laminova tubes. there is nothing special about them except they slow the flow down so the liquid can have time to heat up.
[/quote]

I agree with the part that it doesn't matter where the restriction sits, as long as there's only water flowing trough your system...
But with some air bubbles in there I like to have mine just as GM intended: small-middle in, big-bottom and -top out. Good for getting rid of any air pockets.  :tu:

[img width=468 height=600]http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s125 ... /dppg2.jpg[/img]

silver

Post by silver » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:15 pm

not arguing but looking for explanation

how does that help get rid of air pockets.

and further explanation...

are you saying it should be the middle connection is the input where the large holes face the drivers side,  then the top and bottom are the exits and the small openings on the drivers side?

just looking for clarification.

Speedytec

Post by Speedytec » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:58 pm

It should probably not make much difference when fully bleeded, but as air tends to rise upwards it is best to have an outlet coming from the top core (just like the standard 4-pass set-up...) In the dual pass this means that the bottom on is also outlet and the middle ones the inlets.

For the cores, imagine one full of air:  Flowing inside from the big to the small gap, you will not push all the air out, as the highest point is above that small outlet hole. After time and a few pump shutdowns, all air will probably finds its way up through the outside holes, but I think it's not ideal. Therefore small in, big out. Just like the manufacturer intended: http://www.opcon.se/www/files/laminova/ ... r.pdf  8)

silver

Post by silver » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:06 pm

A: personally I thought inlet should be small hole first too.

B: Darth (please chime in ) said that GM said that's wrong and it should be big hold inlet.

C: Spanky has the best idea of all...ready for it..........the pump sets the speed for the flow of the liquid, therefore if liquid moves at 10mph, regardless of if there's a big hole or small hole it still moves at 10mph, and with no air in the system (after proper bleeding) there's just no point which way they face.

It's more obvious now than ever that NO ONE agrees on which way they should go.

Speedytec

Post by Speedytec » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:07 am

[quote="silver"]
A: personally I thought inlet should be small hole first too.

B: Darth (please chime in ) said that GM said that's wrong and it should be big hold inlet.

C: Spanky has the best idea of all...ready for it..........the pump sets the speed for the flow of the liquid, therefore if liquid moves at 10mph, regardless of if there's a big hole or small hole it still moves at 10mph, and with no air in the system (after proper bleeding) there's just no point which way they face.

It's more obvious now than ever that NO ONE agrees on which way they should go.
[/quote]

A => Personally think that the designer should know best.. (and agree with the logic)
B => GM also says smal hole is inlet. And that middles are in, top + bottom are out => http://www.crateenginedepot.com/store/pdfs/sidekit.pdf
C => He should google up "pump flow curve"... Flow speed is determined by the pump and the total system resistance. (A dual pass will lessen the resistance and increase flow, but how much depends on the other rersistances in the total system... 2nd point is correct, should not matter in a proper bled system.

Choose what you like.  :laugh:   

Lane

Post by Lane » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:47 pm

[quote="silver"]
ALSO, His car is a 300 model and guess what else Brammo forgot to put on there, a dual bypass endplate :o :doh:
[/quote]

Well, add one to that count.  Finally took a much closer look at mine and what the hell, no dual pass endplate.  I previously had no complaints regarding Brammo, but I'm not currently as happy as I used to be.  Everyone check your endplates.

[quote="Spanky"]
http://www.ottperformance.com/store/pc/ ... 11p889.htm

Will this end plate work in our Atoms? I ask because this one has the new fitting pointing out and NOT parrallel to the 2 exsisting fittings as the GM part does. Will this arrangement leave enough room for all the hoses? I think I could modify mine just like this......if it will fit.
[/quote]

Nice find, reasonably priced.  Will likely be ordering this today.
Image 300hp Ecotec Atom that is driven.  Visit my website.

Radowick

Post by Radowick » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:32 pm

[quote="Lane"]
Nice find, reasonably priced.  Will likely be ordering this today.
[/quote]

The price is reasonable because they want you to send your endplate in with your money. Or $150.00 core charge.
My thought was I could get mine welded up with a bung in a similar way for a lot less money.
Last edited by Radowick on Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:31 am

[quote="Speedytec"]

C => He should google up "pump flow curve"... Flow speed is determined by the pump and the total system resistance. (A dual pass will lessen the resistance and increase flow, but how much depends on the other rersistances in the total system... 2nd point is correct, should not matter in a proper bled system.

[/quote]

Exactly it is like resistance in series in an electrical circuit.

Ben

silver

Post by silver » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:50 pm

OH I see, yet still the resistance created by the orifice will be equal regardless of which way it's facing............right?

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:56 pm

[quote="silver"]
OH I see, yet still the resistance created by the orifice will be equal regardless of which way it's facing............right?
[/quote]

If it is part of a closed system then I think so yes.

silver

Post by silver » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:09 pm

[quote="benyeats"]
[quote="silver"]
[/quote]

If it is part of a closed system then I think so yes.
[/quote]

hence the argument that it makes no damn difference which way you face them...close system all liquid.....just saying my feeble brain doesn't understand why it would matter.