ALERT ALERT ALERT haha brammo ecotec's read this

silver

ALERT ALERT ALERT haha brammo ecotec's read this

Post by silver » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:07 am

so Spanky came over to shoot the proverbial $hit, and let me borrow his aeroforce gauge.....we got to talking and he mentioned he could never find the throttle body cable to attach the retainer clip I had given him.......I found it for him and sure enough NO CLIP....if this is missing on your car let me know I still have several of the retainer clips I can send you one.  If this wiggles loose your car will lose all throttle pedal input and you could die...this happened to me AND I caught it on film, luckily I made it off the highway without incident but you may not be so lucky.  So, find the wire cable between the throttle body and the supercharger, grab the plug and wiggle and pull towards the front of the car, if it comes out...you are missing the gray retainer clip.

ALSO, His car is a 300 model and guess what else Brammo forgot to put on there, a dual bypass endplate :o :doh:  He mentioned he could never locate the third hose and I couldn't believe it but sure enough we got under there and confirmed it's got NO 3rd hose in the middle and NO T connection.  His goes in the top and out the bottom.

Y'all 300 owners might want to check your bypass endplate to make sure you have the dual bypass version, if not..well umm ya can't call Brammo but you can buy a new one if you want and install it :D

Any questions?
Last edited by silver on Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gage

Re: ALERT ALERT ALERT haha brammo ecotec's read this

Post by Gage » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:04 am

Wow.                  long silence.....

Wow.

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:08 am

The end plates are very easy to modify to a dual pass. Not surprised to hear about more brammo errors.. :P

Gage

Post by Gage » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:24 pm

[quote="MadMaxAtom and company"]
The end plates are very easy to modify to a dual pass. Not surprised to hear about more brammo errors.. :P
[/quote]

They keep adding up.  It gets ridiculous at some point.

Radowick

Post by Radowick » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:30 pm

http://www.ottperformance.com/store/pc/ ... 11p889.htm

Will this end plate work in our Atoms? I ask because this one has the new fitting pointing out and NOT parrallel to the 2 exsisting fittings as the GM part does. Will this arrangement leave enough room for all the hoses? I think I could modify mine just like this......if it will fit.
Silver, thanks for the help last night. Did you like the wheel hoop I did down your street? So much for smoother throttle reponse. I have not expierenced that in a long time. If I hadn't told my right foot that the new tune smoothed it out, it would'nt know it. But it sure was a lot cooler exhaust for sure.
Last edited by Radowick on Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silver

Post by silver » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:02 pm

[quote="Spanky"]
Silver, thanks for the help last night. Did you like the wheel hoop I did down your street? So much for smoother throttle reponse. I have not expierenced that in a long time. If I hadn't told my right foot that the new tune smoothed it out, it would'nt know it. But it sure was a lot cooler exhaust for sure.
[/quote]

hahaha.

I don't think it's been mentioned but the "300 update" tune was reported by brammo to simply be a tune that worked with the new injectors and pulley and had smoother throttle response at low speeds............which would explain the lack of change to shinoo's tune in that respect, but if you changed from the 205, 230 245 or original 300 tune you might see a difference..........or just learn to keep your foot steady on the pedal over bumps ;)

curt

Post by curt » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:52 pm

Has anyone compiled the Brammo "fixes" into one thread?  I'd love, perhaps in the clubroom, to have a checklist to ensure I've addressed all known safety/performance issues.  Perhaps TMI would be able to chime in with the things they learned with their AAE fleet.

Even if there are minor or relatively trivial issues that would manifest only under heavy track use, a lot of us who drive primarily on the street (with a few trackdays) would be interested in ensuring we've addressed those items.  We, too, are interested in performance, safety, and keeping up the resale potential of our cars.

silver

Post by silver » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:58 pm

I sure did, it's right here

http://forum.atomclub.com/https://atomc ... ic.php?t=9

LMAO

not that anyone reads it after all my hard work posting it :'(

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:07 pm

[quote="Spanky"]

Will this end plate work in our Atoms? I ask because this one has the new fitting pointing out and NOT parrallel to the 2 exsisting fittings as the GM part does. Will this arrangement leave enough room for all the hoses? I think I could modify mine just like this......if it will fit.
[/quote]

I don't see why that wouldn't work.  You'd have to do a little bit of funky routing on your hoses to make it all work, but you have to do that anyway.  As long as you're in there, don't forget to flip the laminovas and reverse the flow of everything.

Gage

Post by Gage » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:08 pm

[quote="silver"]
I sure did, it's right here

http://forum.atomclub.com/https://atomc ... ic.php?t=9

LMAO

not that anyone reads it after all my hard work posting it :'(
[/quote]

We read it Silver.    I appreciate your work very much.  It should be a sticky if it isn't already.

silver

Post by silver » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:14 pm

[quote="DarthChicken"]
[quote="Spanky"]

[/quote]

I don't see why that wouldn't work.  You'd have to do a little bit of funky routing on your hoses to make it all work, but you have to do that anyway.  As long as you're in there, don't forget to flip the laminovas and reverse the flow of everything.
[/quote]

you don't need to flip the laminova tubes the engineer from Laminova said so, they are just a restriction, it makes no difference which way they point.
Last edited by silver on Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:19 pm

yeah yeah, I've heard that.. and yet GM still has that in their instructions.  I'd do it anyway.  One engineer's opinion doesn't mean crap, I work with engineers all day who are full of it.

silver

Post by silver » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:21 pm

he said the tube is an orifice to reduce flow, just like putting an orifice in the bleed line, it doesn't matter if you put the orifice in at the intercooler or at the surge tank either way it's going to restrict the flow to the same rate.........................same thing with the laminova tubes. there is nothing special about them except they slow the flow down so the liquid can have time to heat up.

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:24 pm

I know what he said.  And I still think he's full of it.  There is a big open end, and a small end.. if you swap them around, it changes the amount of time coolant will stay in the tubes.  Its the difference between pouring water in the little end of a funnel, and the big end of a funnel.

silver

Post by silver » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:24 pm

I tried to cut and paste the pictures but it's too much of a hassle so here's something Positron showed me

http://www.cobaltss.net/forums/showpost ... stcount=12