Heywood-Yablowme

Re: my harrop swap

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:53 pm

FML?  Let me guess...Fark my life? :D

silver

Post by silver » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:10 pm

haha yep.

so apparently they whole time they've been waiting on the shipment to arrive they didn't even know what was in the shipment b/c the employee at harrop austrailia quit and took purchase order paperwork with them.....sooooooooo we've been waiting this whole time to get something that wasn't coming until the next shipment, which is due to arrive mid april.............uh huh....we shall see...

as positron says

always delayed and overbudget.

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:13 pm

This sounds pretty typical with Austrailian parts vendors.  Not to be stereotypical, but if you have parts on order from Australia, you'll get them when you get them.  Heaven forbid if you ever have a warranty issue  :-\

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:49 pm

I am surprised there is such a shortage of the Harrop unit.When I ordered mine(quite some time ago...) they were almost begging me to buy the thing.They asked me to take 12 of them. :H:  In hind sight,I should have at least bought 3..but who could have known?Usually,the product becomes more plentiful and less expensive as time goes on. I hope it shows up soon.

silver

Post by silver » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:08 pm

well basically since they ship in XXX of them a month or every 2 months, the problem is several of us came to the conclusion of wanting to buy this thing right as they ran out of stock so it makes our wait time seem extraordinarily long

luckily I'm a patient person........ :doh:

positron

Post by positron » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:49 am

I'm on my second round of "blame the shipper" excuses and unanswered multiple forms of communication.

Can't say as I'd recommend OTT for further business..  :td:

silver

Post by silver » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:57 am

ha well, at least so far it's not like I'm the only one SOL on the blower, at least at this point it's Harrop's screw up not OTTP's.

positron

Post by positron » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:00 am

hmmm... or is it? 

They are not on my happy list right now..  >:(

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:01 am

Wait till you start fedexing your ecu back and forth Silver.. I foresee a long frustrating summer for you.

silver

Post by silver » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:03 am

A: yes the US is out of stock its not just ottp

B:i won't me mailing my ecu anywhere soooooo no delay there

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:09 am

I thought you were mail ordering your ecu back and forth to get it tuned?

silver

Post by silver » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:15 am

No sir. Trifecta does remote tuning so I do have to email data back and forth but not the ecu. I have the data cable already

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:35 am

That's right, I knew that  :-[

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:41 am

Sucks about the blower. I'm not much better off right now. My autocross event was a disaster.I have tossed in the towel on remote tuning. I hope you make out better. I have an appt. next Monday with a local guy and dyno time, we will use my laptop and HPTuners. I need this done yesterday. There are just too many variables on my setup to use the canned tune as is,and no time left to play around...it needs to be perfect right now.Plus,I can now data log and do adjustments easily in the future right at the track if need be,or on the dyno. Live and learn.. ;)