atom two upgrade

silver

Re: atom two upgrade

Post by silver » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:49 pm

interesting, your car must already have the "300 update" which was a downgrade to the original factory 245 pulley and an upgrade to 45lb injectors.

I trust you've already checked them but something doesn't add up so you might want to double and triple check before putting it all back together.

here's my thoughts.

Shinoo started with a 205 pulley and injectors
he upgraded his pulley to a smaller size which I believe matches brammos original 245 pulley which is the same as the 300 update pulley but not the same as the 300 stock pulley
he upgraded his injectors to what the 300 came with factory not the ones that were included as part of the 300 update

are you sure you have 42lb injectors installed AND the 245 pulley? it's totally possible but doubtful that someone would have done that b/c it wouldn't match any tune unless it was custom tuned.

my concern would be that you use the wrong injector pulley combo then you won't take advantage of shinoo's tune.

s996

Post by s996 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:03 pm

I agree completely,

On the cobalt/GM site I think it states the upgrade has 60 lb injectors and not 45. 
My injectors are stock 300 from 2006 300. no upgrades -  blue plug locks black body fat with grey injector tips

My pulley is exactly the same size about 3 inch and I thought it should be 2.7.

I will try to clear it up with Shinoo.  What if he is tuning with a 245 and not a 300?  if so even the ECU needs returned.

Time to start matching part numbers anyone have any?

silver

Post by silver » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:19 pm

[quote="s996"]
I agree completely,

On the cobalt/GM site I think it states the upgrade has 60 lb injectors and not 45. 
My injectors are stock 300 from 2006 300. no upgrades -  blue plug locks black body fat with grey injector tips

My pulley is exactly the same size about 3 inch and I thought it should be 2.7.

I will try to clear it up with Shinoo.  What if he is tuning with a 245 and not a 300?  if so even the ECU needs returned.

Time to start matching part numbers anyone have any?

[/quote]

DUDE!!!!! you can't guess. LMAO

you also can't see the difference in a pulley that's 3.0 inches and one that's 2.9 inches trust me they look almost 100% identical but it makes a big difference to the tune.

Also you purchased your car used right?  so how do you know the previous owner didn't perform the 300 update?

call me for more details too much to write, i'll PM you my number.

shinoo

Post by shinoo » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:28 am

The kit we've sent to you has all the parts we used when developing the tune.  You have the correct pulley and injectors.  Trying to piece together the various parts is a migraine in the making.  It seems the Atom2 came in various configs.

You will have the safest amount of power that the stock motor can take.  Plus a higher redline and softer throttle progression at lower rpms.  I'm sure you will be pleased.

s996

Post by s996 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:51 pm

getting it all back together.

tank gaskets had dissolved as with all the others.  The two allen head bolts under the fiill tube- pain in the arse.

Looks like I might have to put the old exhaust back on for a while - patience patience patience

s996

Post by s996 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:58 am

Fire, the wheel, the telephone, penicillin, the bovie, and now the rivet nut.  What a great addition to my tool box.  I love this tool !

silver

Post by silver » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:00 am

riv nut tool at harbor freight is a whopping 15 bux woohoo

s996

Post by s996 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:12 am

15.99 harbor freight tool, 9.95 box of 1/4 inch rivnuts from granger.  a drill bit, and some sillicone sealant, priceless.

s996

Post by s996 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:43 pm

Just getting it all back together today. Old exhaust in place.  trial run.  accelerates the same.  It is truly unbelievialble compared to my TT.

The best news is that the pogo stick is in the closet. it truly is as easy to drive as my accura.

The tune ready did smooth out the throttle response from 1000 to about 4000 rpm is almost linear with the pedal input.  good job secant

I dont know about power or the new intercooler. I can see that it is pumping well and cant really make any judgements about air temperature changes. 

Right now I am just looking for leaks and loose cables.

I am going to VIR for a club day in mid April.  This will be the test of what I can do with the car and hopefully its reliability.

shinoo

Post by shinoo » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:49 pm

Cool!

silver

Post by silver » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:53 pm

[quote="s996"]
Just getting it all back together today. Old exhaust in place.  trial run.  accelerates the same.  It is truly unbelievialble compared to my TT.

The best news is that the pogo stick is in the closet. it truly is as easy to drive as my accura.

The tune ready did smooth out the throttle response from 1000 to about 4000 rpm is almost linear with the pedal input.  good job secant

I dont know about power or the new intercooler. I can see that it is pumping well and cant really make any judgements about air temperature changes. 

Right now I am just looking for leaks and loose cables.

I am going to VIR for a club day in mid April.  This will be the test of what I can do with the car and hopefully its reliability.
[/quote]

good deal, figured the tune would make it drive much smoother :)

Radowick

Post by Radowick » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:58 am

I have finally finished fixing things and getting the Sector 111 tune installed. It as been last September since I drove it last and only 5 times in the last ten months. I am so anxious to go drive it that it reminds me of the same feelings when it was first delivered. It is warm outside tonight and the roads should be empty. Let's hope I got it all right. And I am off .......................

Radowick

Post by Radowick » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:20 am

The throttle response in the low rpms is not yet very differant. But Sector 111 did say the tune will "learn" so maybe with a few more drives it will improve. They did tell me to let it idle first for 5 to 10 minutes before the first drive to allow it to "learn" at what "idle" is for my car. Did that. The most noticable improvement is how much cooler the exhaust is. The Brammo/GM tune would leave my rear engine cover so hot after any drive, it could not be touched.

silver

Post by silver » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:23 am

Sweet you are no longer dumping gallons of fuel into the exhaust from the brammo tune

s996

Post by s996 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:14 am

I dont know about the learning, but mine is much easier to drive from 2-40 miles/hr.  The only thing I notice that may be an issue is an occasional backfire when I let off at high revs.  I am waiting on the hytec but will need to use the old stock system next week at VIR.

I had it out tuesday and the atom truly is scary fast.  I am not used to a power band so high in the rev range 5-6k and when it kicks you really need to make sure nothng else is around b/c  it gets a little squirly.

how many session can you guys get per tank? (25min) Its a little embarassing to run out of fuel on track.
Last edited by s996 on Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.