Aeroforce Interceptor gauges for the Ecotec Atom2

DarthChicken

Re: Aeroforce Interceptor gauges for the Ecotec Atom2

Post by DarthChicken » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:12 pm

but thats my point.  You think 20psi is enough at WOT to keep bearings from failing?  I doubt it.

Last time I had a knocklink, I took it out of the box, and drilled holes in my dash surround the size and spacing of the LEDs.  You didn't even notice them unless the LEDs turned on.

positron

Post by positron » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:21 pm

At 10 psi/1,000 rpm, it'd be going off any time under 70 psi...  BWWEEEEEEEEEEEE....... WHAAT?.. BWWEEEEEEEEEE.... 

I guess that'd be a good incentive to go faster..

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:27 am

Yes,in most cases,20psi is more than enough to keep bearings lubricated. ZERO does not. 10 probably would..but ZERO won't. That is what kills bearings. LOSS of oil pressure,as in none.

Ask me how many engines I have lost due to oiling problems. ;D

Terry Kennedy

Post by Terry Kennedy » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:52 am

[quote="Banned"]
Thanks,Randy. I knew someone had used the setup..might have been Bottoz(sp?) and Terry K. may have a set as well.[/quote]

I have oil pressure and oil temperature configured on my Microdash. The dash is programmable to flash all of the shift lights at once if a sensor is out of range (this has happened to me regularly at both AtomFests).

[quote="silver"]
I think I read on here from TK that the car does NOT have an oil pressure gauge built in....but I dunno...I'm tired I haven't slept in a long time...and I need caffeine.
[/quote]

The stock Ecotec engine only has an on/off sensor for the idiot light (which is also fitted on my dash - the backing piece, not the Microdash - as a backup). I believe the ECU wants to see the idiot light sensor, so swapping it out probably isn't a good idea.