Fly Wheel Exposed?

bolus

Re: Fly Wheel Exposed?

Post by bolus » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:35 am

I wont be able to confirm until it arrives.  We were looking at engine diagrams and picked what looked right.

rfmarz@frontiernet

Post by rfmarz@frontiernet » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:41 pm

Have you gotten the part yet, Bolus?

Mr.Woolery

Post by Mr.Woolery » Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:04 pm

Interesting situation.  If the cover fits, I'd think that it should be put in place.  You don't want the odd bit of gravel to get tossed in there.  All kinds of bizarre/destructive behavior could result from FOD (foreign object damage) getting between the flywheel and clutch.

On another subject,  I'd love to put in a lightweight flywheel in my Atom (Ecotec)...the stock flywheel is way too heavy for such a lighweight chassis (in my opinion). 
Last edited by Mr.Woolery on Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bolus

Post by bolus » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:31 pm

No call from the dealer yet.  He said 5-7 business days so it may be next week

bolus

Post by bolus » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:32 am

got the part today and it is the right one.  The bolts are on back order and I dont have anything in the garage that fits.  At $4 a piece those bolts better be made of pure silver

positron

Post by positron » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:44 am

I'm sure they make the car go faster...

Terry Kennedy

Post by Terry Kennedy » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:50 am

[quote="bolus"]
got the part today and it is the right one.  The bolts are on back order and I dont have anything in the garage that fits.  At $4 a piece those bolts better be made of pure silver[/quote]

Be glad you don't have a BMW - bolt 11621427586 is $25.75. There are more expensive ones.

Do you have the part number for these bolts?

Since this seems to be omitted on the Brammo Ecotec cars, either they removed it for performance reasons (very unlikely) or it is a part that doesn't come with the crate engine / transmission. I wonder if there's anything else on a "normal" Cobalt SS / Ion Red Line engine / transmission that we should also add? I know of the ignition coil cover plate, but Brammo now has a custom part for that. Any ideas about other parts?

bolus

Post by bolus » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:52 am

The guy at the part's department said the bolts were GM part #11085902 but I cant find them online.  It's not like I cant drive the car without the bolts though. 

Bottoz

Post by Bottoz » Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:18 pm

I just ordered one today. 4 bucks for the cover... 3 something for each bolt! Should be in by Wednesday.

bolus

Post by bolus » Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:05 am

$3 ??  you scored a deal

Mr.Woolery

Post by Mr.Woolery » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:22 am

Cover and bolts purchased using the info gleaned from this topic (thanks folks!).  :tu:

I'll post my report on the install when completed.

maverick1

Post by maverick1 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:20 am

I was just wondering if this is what you guys are talking about? My motto is pictures say a thousand words.
Cheersâ?¢
Attachments
IMG_1895 (Medium).JPG
IMG_1895 (Medium).JPG (31.11 KiB) Viewed 239 times

Mr.Woolery

Post by Mr.Woolery » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:10 am

Yup, that's it.

maverick1

Post by maverick1 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:48 am

[quote="The Masked Spaz"]
Yup, that's it.
[/quote]
Where can I order a cover and the necessary bolts? Is the install a straight forward procedure?
Cheersâ?¢

bolus

Post by bolus » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:54 am

look up.  I posted the part numbers.  go to a chevy dealer with a parts center and ask them to order it.