how much power is lost at 5200ft above sea level

Driver

Re: how much power is lost at 5200ft above sea level

Post by Driver » Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:32 am

Also wouldn't be a good thing to forget you've done the pully at altitude. Go for a nice drive down to the coast, romp on it a little too enthusiastically and inadvertently hear things go kablooie.. ;(

Bottoz

Post by Bottoz » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:12 am

Eh... a splash of 104 octane at lower altitude will do the trick.

krispy

Post by krispy » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:15 am

OK Bottoz,

I am now trying to source out the 3" pulley, and will switch it out ASAP.  I have a drag run coming up Dec 2 down in Phoenix and I want to be
ready to run against the Carrera GT's, 1400hp Vipers, and other exotics... 

Bottoz

Post by Bottoz » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:39 am

[quote="krispy"]
OK Bottoz,

I am now trying to source out the 3" pulley, and will switch it out ASAP.  I have a drag run coming up Dec 2 down in Phoenix and I want to be
ready to run against the Carrera GT's, 1400hp Vipers, and other exotics... 

[/quote]

What size pulley is on now? To get an accurate measure, it'll have to be off and measure the width of the area that contacts the belt, not the width of the outer lip. You can get a press on pulley, or buy a modular quick chage system from the popular Cobalt/Ion parts retailers. HERE or HERE

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:28 am

[quote="Driver"]
Also wouldn't be a good thing to forget you've done the pully at altitude. Go for a nice drive down to the coast, romp on it a little too enthusiastically and inadvertently hear things go kablooie.. ;(
[/quote]

I'd also ask Brammo if there is a boost limit on setup on the ECU.  You may not even need the splash of 104, the car may just cut fuel if you overboost.

krispy

Post by krispy » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:04 am

The Pulley is the stock 3.35.  I just ordered the modular pulley system with a 3.1 pulley, which is suppose to give me an additional 2.2 pounds of boost with no other mods required.  I will work with this size, and see how it goes.  I can also get pulleys down to 2.5 as I get more adventurous.  This is my first time modding a car, it scares the cr@p out of me to be playing with my new atom like this. 

Quark

Post by Quark » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:18 am

Regarding the pictures, I've been sorting through the 2000+ pictures I shot and have been narrowing it down. Currently I have a set of 415 pictures, which is probably still too large. Stay tuned...
[quote][/quote]

Hello Terry,  i stumbled upon an interesting way to show others your pictures without bogging down their computers and pasting a link to this forum.  Upload your images to slide.com and mess around with the fade effects.

Very cool.

Bottoz

Post by Bottoz » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:42 am

[quote="krispy"]
The Pulley is the stock 3.35.  I just ordered the modular pulley system with a 3.1 pulley, which is suppose to give me an additional 2.2 pounds of boost with no other mods required.  I will work with this size, and see how it goes.  I can also get pulleys down to 2.5 as I get more adventurous.  This is my first time modding a car, it scares the cr@p out of me to be playing with my new atom like this. 
[/quote]
Woah... what? Brammo is making 300hp out of the stock Eaton M62 pulley? That doesn't seem right at all. The stock ECOTEC makes 205hp with a 3.35 pulley. To get 300hp there has to be more boost made from the SuperCharger. I'd guess, that the 300hp Brammo ECOTEC Atom is using a 2.8 or 2.6 inch SC Pulley. 2.6 is the smallest you can go on a M62 Snout... any smaller and you need to grind down the snout because the pulley will rub.

Krispy... I don't mean to doubt you, but please re-measure the supercharger pulley. I Think the GM Spec stage 2, 245hp ECOTEC comes with the 3.1 inch pulley.

kenazusa

Post by kenazusa » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:05 pm

Kris - How am I going to keep up when I drive up to Prescott to visit?

Quark

Post by Quark » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:28 pm

Hello Ken, have you received your car yet?  Gary is excited to say hello and take a look.

kenazusa

Post by kenazusa » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:39 pm

Hog Haulers is delivering it by the end of next week. Let Gary know I'll call him and be up there by Nov 12. I'm planning on meeting Krispy up in Prescott and then heading over the hill.

;D ;D ;D

Quark

Post by Quark » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:49 pm

Will Do. Actually he will be at Brammo on the 8-10. Thanks for the update. Would love to see images of your car at his estate. He has a beautiful circular driveway with a fountain that would make a great backdrop to your car if you have a nice digital camera.
Attachments
IMG_0631b.jpg
IMG_0631b.jpg (54.71 KiB) Viewed 216 times

krispy

Post by krispy » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:03 pm

Bottoz,

You are right, I looked at the email Brammo sent, and he gave me the outside and inside size, and
I read it wrong.  The Pulley is a 3.00 (inside).  So I should get a 2.7/2.6, now what do I have to do?

Ken,
Well, I guess we will have to mod both of our atoms. 

Bottoz

Post by Bottoz » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:13 pm

[quote="krispy"]
Bottoz,

You are right, I looked at the email Brammo sent, and he gave me the outside and inside size, and
I read it wrong.  The Pulley is a 3.00 (inside).  So I should get a 2.7/2.6, now what do I have to do?

Ken,
Well, I guess we will have to mod both of our atoms. 
[/quote]

Ok, if it comes with a 3 inch... to gain back the 2-3psi lost (and gain the HP lost) you'll need about a 2.8. That should put you back to factory HP ratings.

kenazusa

Post by kenazusa » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:15 pm

Kris - you be the guinea pig, and I'll jump on the bandwagon.