catalytic converter

cshama

catalytic converter

Post by cshama » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:17 am

According to an email it looks like a catalytic converter has been developed for the atom. Brammo is charging $150 for it which doesnt sound too bad.

patentshark

Re: catalytic converter

Post by patentshark » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:18 pm

it sounds like they don't really want you to use it.  the email indicated that even short term use on the track and it's shot.  (not that you would want to use it on the track). 

RyanD

Post by RyanD » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:33 am

[quote="cshama"]
According to an email it looks like a catalytic converter has been developed for the atom. Brammo is charging $150 for it which doesnt sound too bad.
[/quote]

$150 is a ripoff considering I already paid for it when I bought the car!  They gave me a convertor to use for inspection, but I sent it back to them since they were supposed to send me a new one that could withstand the higher temperatures.  They need to send me a convertor that works and/or and ECU program that runs less rich.  If they can't supply what I paid for, they owe me money.  >:(

Karl

Post by Karl » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:02 am

[quote="RyanD"]
[quote="cshama"]
[/quote]

$150 is a ripoff considering I already paid for it when I bought the car!  They gave me a convertor to use for inspection, but I sent it back to them since they were supposed to send me a new one that could withstand the higher temperatures.  They need to send me a convertor that works and/or and ECU program that runs less rich.  If they can't supply what I paid for, they owe me money.  >:(
[/quote]

If you don't end up wanting/needing a catalytic converter, they will refund your money.

nickpoore

Post by nickpoore » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:45 am

Think of it this way.

They forced you to buy the $150 test pipe.

It would be nice if the cat worked all the time (environment and all that), but that is not the case.  Just use the cat for passing tests, and use the test pipe for everything else.
I suspect that these cat's are costing them more than $150 each.

Suck it up Ryna.  ;D