Exhaust leak? - SOLVED

Kempo

Re: Exhaust leak? - SOLVED

Post by Kempo » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:51 pm

Yes it is a two chamber Flowmaster. The sound is basically as loud as the stock one. I had it ceramic coated black.

Mr.Woolery

Re: Exhaust leak?

Post by Mr.Woolery » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:26 am

[quote="Bottoz"]
Brammo sent a Rear Engine/Tranny mount also. It's about 1/4 inch longer than the original mount... and it should create less stress on the flex joints. The mount is easier to remove and install than the exhaust is... if you receive one, follow the instructions provided. Once you set up the Jack to relieve stress from the mount for removal, you'll need to re-adjust it again for installation as the new mount is a wee bit longer.
[/quote]

Hey Bottoz,

My exhaust and engine/tranny mount arrived today, but I didn't get any instructions.  Could you scan & post yours if you still have them?

Bottoz

Post by Bottoz » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:08 am

Sure thing dude!

LINK to .pdf file.

If you've got your 3/4 socket handy and your torque wrench set to 70, it's a good idea to check all your other engine mounts. A couple of mine needed a little bit twisting force. Not much... but just a bit to make the torque wrench click.
Last edited by Bottoz on Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr.Woolery

Post by Mr.Woolery » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:48 am

[quote="Bottoz"]
Sure thing dude!

LINK to .pdf file.

If you've got your 3/4 socket handy and your torque wrench set to 70, it's a good idea to check all your other engine mounts. A couple of mine needed a little bit twisting force. Not much... but just a bit to make the torque wrench click.
[/quote]

Sure thing, good idea.  If I'm gonna be messin' around in the area, I might as well do a good inspection on it, too.  I also bought the GM flywheel cover so I can install it while I have the works opened up...also considering having the whole exhaust system sent out to be ceramic coated while I'm at it.

maverick1

Post by maverick1 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:53 pm

Has Brammo made this exhaust leak at the flex pipe and new engine mount a standard recall type thing, as I have not received anything or e-mail. I can feel some exhaust coming out of the flex area of the pipe. Guess I need to call Brammo on Monday.
When they send you out the new exhaust pipe will they automatically include the engine mount or do you need to request it?
Cheersâ?¢

Mr.Woolery

Post by Mr.Woolery » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:18 am

They automatically included it for me.  They also included the flange gaskets.  Didn't get any other hardware though (no worries, I can source it).

I sent out the bits Brammo sent to me to be ceramic coated (black, of course).