Tech questions

cshama

Tech questions

Post by cshama » Mon May 28, 2007 11:09 am

Just a few questions I wanted to clear up- and yes I have read the manual :)

1) My removable steering wheel seems to always go on leaving the spokes uncentered- really only a visual problem. Any way to fix that?

2) WShat is the easiest way to access the supercharcher aftercooler tank- I just want to check its level.

3) When do you do your first oil change- I am just shy of 1000 miles

Terry Kennedy

Re: Tech questions

Post by Terry Kennedy » Mon May 28, 2007 11:18 am

[quote="cshama"]1) My removable steering wheel seems to always go on leaving the spokes uncentered- really only a visual problem. Any way to fix that?

2) WShat is the easiest way to access the supercharcher aftercooler tank- I just want to check its level.

3) When do you do your first oil change- I am just shy of 1000 miles [/quote]

1) Do you mean you're off by a whole spline or so, or that none of the splines make it line up perfectly? If the former, it should be possible to grind one spline off the steering shaft and attach a matching filler to the quick-disconnect hub. But I find it is easy (but un-nerving to others) to simply pop the wheel off at a red light and adjust it. If you mean that none of the splines line up properly, you can try removing the 3 Allen bolts that hold the wheel to the quick-disconnect hub and try the other 2 possibilities.

2) Remove the access panel behind the seats (if you have individual seating).

3) Between 1000 and 1250 miles. If you want to come down here, we can change the oil in my garage and send a sample of your old oil out for Dyson analysis.

cshama

Post by cshama » Mon May 28, 2007 11:23 am

Let me know when you have time and I will scoot down

Terry Kennedy

Post by Terry Kennedy » Mon May 28, 2007 11:31 am

[quote="cshama"]
Let me know when you have time and I will scoot down
[/quote]

Pretty much any afternoon - just pick a date and let me know so I can mark it down.

cshama

Post by cshama » Mon May 28, 2007 12:01 pm

Maybe next friday- I will bring lunch :)

bolus

Post by bolus » Mon May 28, 2007 5:14 pm

Unscrew the stearing wheel from the quick release hub. You'll see that there are several possible holes to use to attach the wheel.  Usually you'll find one that aligns the wheel much better

cshama

Post by cshama » Mon May 28, 2007 5:56 pm

Thanks again Bolus- you are a real help.