Throttle Position/Boost reading

foobar12345

Throttle Position/Boost reading

Post by foobar12345 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:56 am

All,

I have a 300hp ecotec july 2007.

When I hooked up an obdII logger for a run around the neighborhood, I noticed that the throttle position reading maxed out at around 88% even when I had the pedal pushed fully forward.  Does anyone have ideas why that would be?

Also are there any sensors on supercharger for boost reading, temperature, etc.  I noticed in the extended GM code set that these were defined but they might not be installed on our setup.

-Brad

positron

Re: Throttle Position/Boost reading

Post by positron » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:14 am

yep, I did the same thing...
You have to use the ETC Indicated throttle position and not the Accelerator Pedal Position. I really thought I was on to something and verified the TPS to throttle position but I was reading wrong sensor. GM.ETCTP is the PID to log

boost is in MAP in inHg someday I'll have to do the math..

Intake air temps are just past the air cleaner with the MAF, so pretty much worthless for figuring out what after compressor temps are. If there is a post compressor sensor I'd like to know what it's caption is..
Last edited by positron on Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

foobar12345

Post by foobar12345 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:11 pm

Positron,

I found this site which has a bunch of conversions:

http://www.unitsconverter.net/

I did a 5 minute log at about 60 degrees F and found a couple points where MAP was 55 in Hg.  This equates to 26PSI.  Normal atmosphere is about 14.7PSI so this equates to 12PSI boost.  Seem reasonable?  Also I have graphs of my MAP versus time, TPS, etc.  Are there graphs out there for other atoms/ecotec engines?

-Brad

positron

Post by positron » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:03 pm

Thanks for the link. I think your right in there.

Do you know which stage you have? My data on track, which may have had more WFO time than is practical on the street, was 60.5 carry the 9 comes to 15psi.
[img width=800 height=161]http://lh5.google.com/dennisscars/Rx_P_ ... 20shot.jpg[/img]

Don't know of any comparisons.
Last edited by positron on Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.