Leaky shock?

twebb

Re: Leaky shock?

Post by twebb » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:01 pm

I've used Truechoice in the past.  Their lead time is usually pretty long.  With the Runoffs just around the corner, it might be difficult to get your shock back in time for the epic trip across the USA.

Still, I would give them a call.  A rebuilt should cost about $175.  That's a lot less than the cost of a new 3012!

Good Luck!

bolus

Post by bolus » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:59 pm

FYI for anyone else:  True choice can do it in 1 week.  cost $110 plus parts. 
http://www.truechoicekoniracingservices ... index.html

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:22 pm

Just a word of caution.

That's one RACE week which can be anything up to a month (from experience with race engineering companies).
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

bolus

Post by bolus » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:10 pm

No word from Brammo on either to sell me one or what options I have for repair so I think I'll take my chances and mail it off to Truechoice.  Even though it is still a month away I'm getting nervous about not having the Atom ready to drive to Atomfest.  I am already scrapping the idea of getting water injection installed in time.  My only testing of the injector install was running it at idle in my garage.    I am not driving the Mini to atomfest, that is for sure. 

bolus

Post by bolus » Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:14 pm

Update: Truechoice got the shock rebuilt in 2 days and is sending it back today  :tu: :tu: :tu:
$134

also, they can sell shocks for the Atom. 

bolus

Post by bolus » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:18 am

I got my shock back.  what are the torque settings for the bolts holding it on?  I cant seem to find it anywhere?

Karl

Post by Karl » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:10 am

[quote="bolus"]
I got my shock back.  what are the torque settings for the bolts holding it on?  I cant seem to find it anywhere?
[/quote]

Pretty much anything, the nuts are nylocks.  30 ft-lbs should do it.  Don't overdo it or you'll snap a bolt - one of mine snapped at <30ft-lbs even.

bolus

Post by bolus » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:11 am

thanks, 29 it is