Speed sensor

johnpest

Speed sensor

Post by johnpest » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:09 am

Does anyone have diagrams or details of the speed sensor both in gearbox and magnets not working

I am having trouble with mine and the VTEC is now not working

Any help appreciated

John

CalScot

Re: Speed sensor

Post by CalScot » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:35 am

The magnetic sensor on the driveshaft only works the Spa Dash.
The gearbox mounted sensor is the one that is connected to the ECU. If that's not working right, it will throw the ECU off but the actual Vtec is managed primarily by engine revs. In the Kpro, Vtec can be disabled above/below a specified speed (usually it's defaulted to activate Vtec at anything over 5 MPH with RPM Lower end kicking in at about 4300RPM to a max of about 6500rpm.) , so if your gearbox sensor is not working, it could be an issue.
The K20 Honda manual would be the place to find out about that specific wiring diagram as it's part of the Honda harness. If you have Kpro, you can run some data logging at it should be a fault code that will show!

Try to just swap out the gearbox speed sensor and see if it fixes it!

AtomMadStew

Post by AtomMadStew » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:05 am

What is the problem with speed sensor/gearbox? Presume you have checked your oil level as this will stop the Vtec working if the level is low. I work for honda so any wiring diagrams needed i can help. Just tell me what you need. Regards stew ;-)

McFred

Post by McFred » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:56 pm

If vtec is not working, you should be able to get an idea of why by checking the ecu error code(s).

johnpest

Post by johnpest » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:11 pm

Repaired

The gearbox soleniod was broken( I think all the engine removals damaged the connection)

Obviously the speed sensor and the gearbox solenoid linked somehow

Thanks

John

Hopeing for 340 kw on wheels at 5500 feet and 35 C today

AtomMadStew

Post by AtomMadStew » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:05 pm

Sorted then john?