VSS and IAT sensors on Atom 2 220 with "MBE ECU"

thomas_fr

VSS and IAT sensors on Atom 2 220 with "MBE ECU"

Post by thomas_fr » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:51 am

Hi,

i'm in the process of converting my Atom 2 "220" with MBE ECU to a Hondata Ecu,
i'm receiving soon a Honda ECU + stock K20a2 harness + k-tuned "chassis harness" (for O2 sensor, relays, fuel pump relay, ...),

but for what i already saw :

- my gearbox has no VSS (vehicle speed sensor), but if i remember, my previous Atom 2 with Honda ECU was using this sensor, can somebody with a Atom 2 "Honda ecu" confirm he has this sensor :

(near the uk driver side driveshaft output)

- i have no IAT (intake air temperature) sensor inserted behind the air filter, does somebody know if it's the standard one on Atom 2 "Honda" ?

This is the standard k20a2 sensor :

-----------------

I don't remember if my previous Atom had the black TRW "box" (near the fuel filter) :

I guess that if present, they used it for fuel pump relay.

Thanks for your informations,
Thomas.

smokin

Re: VSS and IAT sensors on Atom 2 220 with "MBE ECU"

Post by smokin » Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:23 am

thomas_fr wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:51 am i'm in the process of converting my Atom 2 "220" with MBE ECU to a Hondata Ecu,
That's a significant undertaking Thomas, I'd have a chat with the factory (if you haven't already) to make sure you don't miss something
thomas_fr wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:51 am - my gearbox has no VSS (vehicle speed sensor), but if i remember, my previous Atom 2 with Honda ECU was using this sensor, can somebody with a Atom 2 "Honda ecu" confirm he has this sensor :
Confirmed. Does yours have wheel sensors? If the dash is reporting speed then it must have a sensor somewhere.
thomas_fr wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:51 am - i have no IAT (intake air temperature) sensor inserted behind the air filter, does somebody know if it's the standard one on Atom 2 "Honda" ?
Yes, I believe it's the standard one. Does your car have a MAP sensor or a MAF sensor? If it has a MAP sensor (like the S/C cars) then an IAT isn't fitted. It may also be a combined MAF/IAT sensor, worth checking. If it's just a MAF sensor then have you checked the inlet manifold as IATs are sometimes fited there. Don't have any MBE experience so just guessing here.
thomas_fr wrote: Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:51 am I don't remember if my previous Atom had the black TRW "box" (near the fuel filter) :
I guess that if present, they used it for fuel pump relay.
I have the relay box and it's used for fuel pump and starter. I believe MBE's can drive these directly

Good luck

thomas_fr

Re: VSS and IAT sensors on Atom 2 220 with "MBE ECU"

Post by thomas_fr » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:14 am

yes i will have a chat with the factory, but i'm afraid it will be complicated via phone call ;D

About the speed : yes i do have the wheel sensors, but if i remember, my 245 had this also (but it was a factory converted 220 to 245, so maybe an hybrid)

Same about MAF/MAP : if i remember, it was a MAP on my previous 245, but i must check to be sure.

Relay box : thanks, that helps :)