Changing fuel pump

speedmachine

Re: Changing fuel pump

Post by speedmachine » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:49 am

I'm  not John, but I did remove and reinstall my fuell tank from my Atom 2. You have to lower or remove the water hoses underneathe the tank and indeed remove the waterpump, also remove the fillerneck on the fuell tank. Now you can jack up the tank on the filler side and start wiggling it down on the other side. Best and easiest is with the waterhoses removed, but I hate filling the water with the air bubbles and stuff, so I decided to unscrew the mounts from the front to the back, wich makes you able to lower the hoses just enough to remove the tank.

I have to say...the first hour of wiggling I thought it was impossible, but it isnt

Good luck!
Atom 4 on its way, GR Yaris for the wet days

dc5ian

Post by dc5ian » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:57 am

i have everything off the tank, nothing in the way.. what year was your aa2. maybe they redesigned the fuel tank...

im 3 bolts away from dropping the tub anyhow. just need a hand undoing them.

speedmachine

Post by speedmachine » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:06 pm

Mine was a 2005 and I know exactly what you mean, it seems it just won't fit through at the tub side, I used a towel between the tank and the tub to avoid damage, also on the chassis/tank points.
Atom 4 on its way, GR Yaris for the wet days

dc5ian

Post by dc5ian » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:03 pm

mines a 2006, ive got it out but took the tub off

l33haw

Post by l33haw » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:29 pm

[quote="dc5ian"]
sorry to bring up a old thread...

question really goes to john.. did they have the tub installed prior to putting in the fuel tank...

ive got my engine out, and still cant get the fuel tank out without dropping the tub..

ive seen posts saying that you can remove the tank buy removing the water pump and jacking up the nearside section of the tank, as high as it will go before dropping it down on the offside..

i have a aa2 and this is not possible.
[/quote]

I got the tank out through the bottom of my old Atom 2. It's definately possible, just a bit of a ball ache.

The good news is getting it out is easier than putting it back in....