Great track day! Video proof an Atom 245 can beat a 458 Challenge on slicks!

If you race your Atom or use it hard on track, here's a place to discuss strategy and swap tips.
MonsieurX

Great track day! Video proof an Atom 245 can beat a 458 Challenge on slicks!

Post by MonsieurX » Tue May 20, 2014 4:31 pm

Absolutely one of the very best days in the Atom ever... Yesterday was a GT days organized by RACB.be and i went with Belgians on Track (which offer a great discount btw), and we had not one, not two, not three, well, actually, we did have all three Luxemburguish Atoms! We had 5 Atoms in total! As excited as we were all, we never organized a run togheter but everyone was overwhelmed with the weather, little traffic, gorgeous cars and a smooth day without hardly any misshaps... Absoletely great day!

First time I drive in Spa since i blew the engine last time so i was worried... Im hypocondriac with car problems so i ended up checking things too much when the problem actually came from the datalogger pressure sensor - the thing that's suposed to help me no get in trouble again... Farg it...

Anyway, i had the pleasure like many other atoms not to be passed by any other cars than full race cars the likes of a Ferrari 458 Challenge or a couple protos/LM cars... Toyota was right there prepping their Le Mans cars for a 100Km new parts test...

Anyway, i have to run before i can write more about it... I managed to have Vanina Ickx (daughter of Jacky) drive the car but she couldn't because of her short size... The seat/bubble - with the datalogger display in the middle) didn't help... So i cut that part of the video and here's what i did after... Last session i did actually, i didn't want ot go faster after...

Here's a video of me being passed by that 458 Challenge and then haunting it for 2 laps...

I'll have more videos and pictures later...

http://youtu.be/Ehp1HhETpy8

Northnoble

Re: Great track day! Video proof an Atom 245 can beat a 458 Challenge on slicks!

Post by Northnoble » Tue May 20, 2014 5:02 pm

SUPERB video......i normally get bored of track videos (unless I am driving  :)) but this one is superb.....looks like the Ferrari had you though!.....but great effort!

Tried to see your speedo....what max speed were you hitting?

How were the brakes and tyres afterwards?

Very impressed!.......but get a 300 and go 458 hunting  :vroom:

NormLarson

Re: Great track day! Video proof an Atom 245 can beat a 458 Challenge on slicks!

Post by NormLarson » Tue May 20, 2014 7:07 pm

Awesome video, well except for this mirror that was always in the way ...  That track is now on my bucket list.
Last edited by NormLarson on Tue May 20, 2014 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MonsieurX

Post by MonsieurX » Tue May 20, 2014 7:14 pm

Thanks!

202 kph at 50 meters from the turn Malmedy on top of Les Combes... I need a 350...  :vroom:

The 458 must have hit 220-230 in the straights...

There's some pictures here: https://www.facebook.com/BelgiansOnTrack

TrackDayBore

Post by TrackDayBore » Sat May 24, 2014 9:21 am

Hi Mx,

I'm off to Spa tomorrow.. I thought you might like to see my vid from last year..  like you, I'm chasing after a race car  :vroom: 

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr8p7xpKVG8

swera

Post by swera » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:30 am

Wow, lots of great info in there. Thanks for taking your time to do that.

MonsieurX

Post by MonsieurX » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:40 am

Thanks! :)

Hopefully i'll be back in Spa next week!!!  ;D

meladdo

Post by meladdo » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:55 pm

[quote="TrackDayBore"]

Hi Mx,

I'm off to Spa tomorrow.. I thought you might like to see my vid from last year..  like you, I'm chasing after a race car  :vroom: 

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr8p7xpKVG8
[/quote]

That reminds me of the track day pax ride with Darren at Oulton park - although he got within a few feet of a race prepared Aston doing some testing on the day........Much tighter track though

A 350 with sequential box is now the weapon of choice for hunting Exotica .......

:tu:

Steve Gibson
Administrator

Post by Steve Gibson » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:19 pm

Tidy driving, Xavier. Show us a wet lap next week.  ;)
First Atomised 2001.
Atom (165) > Atom 2 (220) > Atom 3 (300) > Atom 3.5 (310) > Atom 4 (350).
There is no cure.

MonsieurX

Post by MonsieurX » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:32 pm

Thanks, i needed that reminder to change my front 888's  :drool:

MonsieurX

Post by MonsieurX » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:04 pm

Didn't change my tires, and had a great day in Chambley Friday... This week the weather was so cold i didn't dare go to Spa but my friend did and he had the track almost all to himself!!! Damn!!!