Track Day Instruction

If you race your Atom or use it hard on track, here's a place to discuss strategy and swap tips.
toms

Track Day Instruction

Post by toms » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:31 pm

Afternoon all!

I was chatting to one of Ariels test drivers at the Autosport show, a chap called Simon Clark, or 'Sideways Si' as he's known at Ariel.  He's done quite a bit of instruction work for us as well, some of you may have met him at the last Hooning and Honing Event at Silverstone or the Brands Hatch Track Evening we organised a few years ago.

Anyway, he's starting to do more one to one tuition these days and asked if i'd offer his services around - so here I am!  If you'd like some on track instruction they don't come much better than Si.

Prices would vary from between £250 - £300 per day depending on which track you want to go for (he's based near Oxford so if he has to travel a long way it will be £300, but at somewhere like Silverstone it would be £250), and he would happily split the cost among a few people if you wanted to share him between a few guys for a day.

If you'd like his details, feel free to send me a PM or e-mail and i'll send them over  :tu:
Last edited by toms on Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fb.george

Re: Track Day Instruction

Post by fb.george » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:04 pm

I can vouch for Slippery Si.
I met him on a corporate day giving tuition in a Lamborghini and he was very good. The only shame was it was a day after I sacked it into the tyre wall at Goodwood so really should have met him before!
May well be in touch Tom
Keep smiling!!

faroshee7

Re: Track Day Instruction

Post by faroshee7 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:30 am

Would anyone be interested in doing a sprint at Blyton Park?  I am in discussions with the organisers and they would give us our own separate class if we can get a few interested.  Car would need to be road legal with tax, MOT and insurance, and the driver would need an MSA spec lid....