When I'm not in my Atom....

If you race your Atom or use it hard on track, here's a place to discuss strategy and swap tips.
TrackDayBore

When I'm not in my Atom....

Post by TrackDayBore » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:18 pm

Evening all,

As Paul D said...  It is quiet on the forum...
So if you've got 'absolutely nothing' to do for 20mins, then I thought I'd share with you what I've been doing when not spanking round a track in my Atom...

Cheers,

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=c4-feed-u&v=S5OuBmZEl6o

Northnoble

Re: When I'm not in my Atom....

Post by Northnoble » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:31 pm

OMG.....how many offs on the first corner......looks great fun though.

How does the Radical and Atom compare on track?

TrackDayBore

Re: When I'm not in my Atom....

Post by TrackDayBore » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:02 pm

[quote="Northnoble"]
OMG.....how many offs on the first corner......looks great fun though.

How does the Radical and Atom compare on track?
[/quote]

Hi NN,

Loads of off's on the first corner... Mr Palmer will be upset...  and yes it was great fun  ;D

Comparing the Radical and the Atom is like comparing the 'proverbial' chalk 'n' cheese...  the Radical is a "downforce" car and the Atom ISN'T ...!

I do loads of trackdays in my Atom and I love it...  when you're "pushing-on " the Atom it wants to take you farming (backwards) at every corner, whereas the Radical is a little more 'planted'...  of course no car can defy physics and the Radical will happily take you to 'pastures new' ...!

I'd done lots of trackdays but never actually sat there on the grid, waiting for those "four reds" to go out; and believe me, you don't know what you're missing until you try it.  I wanted to do the Atom Cup, but as I already have a 3/300 sitting in the garage (and not wanting to sound too provocative but, with the 3/300 I can go round any circuit as fast as an Atom Cup car) so I fancied something slightly different.  Having said that, I did join the Atom Cup at Oulton Park as an 'arrive and drive' and absolutely loved it...  even though I had a rather BIG moment during Race 2... sequentially followed by another competitor having an even BIGGER moment...!

So my recommendations....  have a go at racing if you like going round a track fast, because there really is nothing quite like it.

Atom, Radical...  it doesn't matter, they're both great Race Cars.

Cheers,