Atom Cup - If you were to do it again...

If you race your Atom or use it hard on track, here's a place to discuss strategy and swap tips.
NHolden

Atom Cup - If you were to do it again...

Post by NHolden » Mon May 20, 2013 8:10 pm

Hi All,

I'm looking at joining the Atom Cup and I was wondering what, if anything, you would do differently if you were to order another Cup specification car?

Alternatively, did you order something that in hindsight you would not have bothered with.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Re: Atom Cup - If you were to do it again...

Post by John Scherrer » Mon May 20, 2013 8:44 pm

If you are intending to join the race series, other than the optional road-legal bits, chassis and panel colours,  I think they all have to be to the same specification?
Last edited by John Scherrer on Mon May 20, 2013 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Mon May 20, 2013 9:07 pm

I would think the only options would be choosing to have the road legal bits.  I would suggest getting them so you can drive on the road as well as track.

wattie

Post by wattie » Tue May 21, 2013 7:21 am

[quote="NHolden"]
Hi All,

I'm looking at joining the Atom Cup and I was wondering what, if anything, you would do differently if you were to order another Cup specification car?

Alternatively, did you order something that in hindsight you would not have bothered with.

Thanks in advance,

Nick
[/quote]
John and Ben are right re the racing spec and getting it road legal. They have however missed an important racing aspect.

You'll need at least 3 very attractive grid girls for Brolly work and to polish your helmet during pit stops.....unless you want Tom to do it ;)

Cheers Wattie

NHolden

Post by NHolden » Tue May 21, 2013 7:25 am

LOL !  :laugh:

I'd have to put a locking wheel nut on so that the pit stops last longer !!!

I've said my intention would be to get the road legal elements at some stage - whether that is up front though is a question.

Does it matter when I get the car road legal??  (i.e. if it doesn't come out of the factory road legal, does that make it a Q plate afterwards??)

What is tyre wear like?? (I know this varies from circuit to circuit and conditions, etc - but from the testing and racing that has gone on, you may have an idea). I understand the package comes with two sets of wheels and tyres - one dry set, one wet set. Are you finding this enough (i.e. do a wet set last a full weekend?)

Thanks,

Nick

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Tue May 21, 2013 8:58 am

[quote="NHolden"]
Does it matter when I get the car road legal??  (i.e. if it doesn't come out of the factory road legal, does that make it a Q plate afterwards??)
[/quote]

Can't advise on the tyres etc but can say my previous Atom was used on track only for the first three years of its life and was then road registered with a current number plate, e.g. the plate was 3 years younger than the car.

Ben

NHolden

Post by NHolden » Tue May 21, 2013 9:47 am

Ok - that's a result. Thanks Ben.