On track suspension settings

If you race your Atom or use it hard on track, here's a place to discuss strategy and swap tips.
ragezx14r

On track suspension settings

Post by ragezx14r » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:28 pm

Hi all,

I thought it might be useful to list what suspension settings we might use on different circuits.

On the road I always use four. (bumpy moorland roads demand it)

Croft. Started on four to learn the circuit. Worked my way up to seven. Dry day. Bumpy circuit in parts.

Oulton Park. Start on eight and stick to that if wet. If its dry then work up to ten before dinner. Just watch out for the slight peak coming out of Druids.

Cadwell Park. I like to start on six here. I haven't tried anything above eight.

Donington Park. Sighting laps on eight, then straight up to ten if dry.

Anglesey. Eight all day here. The Atom tends to be tail happy here  :vroom:

Snetterton. Only been once so stuck to eight.

Looking at what I've just wrote it looks like I prefer eight at most circuits. Creeping up to ten if the weather permits.

What do you guys use?

Darren

TrackDayBore

Re: On track suspension settings

Post by TrackDayBore » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:37 pm

Hi Darren,

Ah well...it all depends what spring rates you're using...I love getting all technical - besides you may have to factor-in the Northern latitudes of all these circuits you use...those Atlantic low-pressure systems 'tup-norff' will play havoc with your damper oil viscosity  ;D

When you coming down to the balmy south again...Snett, Brands Hatch or...short notice I know, but can you make Silverstone this Thursday with RMA...?

Cheers,
Barry.

FlyingTrotter

Post by FlyingTrotter » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:40 pm

Been happiest recently with what some of the other chaps suggested - viz 6 rear and 8 front

Sounds counter intuitive having softer rear but it has worked for me

Have tried the classic stiffer rear and various "same all round" settings - I know some folk like it at 10 all round and I recall one 7 all round merchant

I guess we have twisty nobs on so we can twist them ??

Track Boy

Post by Track Boy » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:05 pm

I keep it on 10 front and back for all tracks, get a little bump lift off at Oulton in one section but thats it. If you have the correct tyres on the car running the correct temps and pressures it will take 10 and 10 all day long and reward you plenty. You may need a back rub after a full day though.  ;)
Its each to their own though, everyone I have met with an Atom runs them different.