Snetterton 11th August with Circuit Days

If you race your Atom or use it hard on track, here's a place to discuss strategy and swap tips.
TrackDayBore

Re: Snetterton 11th August with Circuit Days

Post by TrackDayBore » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:59 am

[quote="ragezx14r"]
[quote="ragezx14r"]
Hi Barry,

Nice one mate, I'll tag on to you then to learn the circuit  ;D

Atom details please. Model, How long owned, How many trackdays and where etc etc

I've had mine since March and have done Croft, Donington, Anglesey, Oulton and Cadwell so far. Really looking forward to Snetterton  :vroom:

Darren
[/quote]

Hi Darren,

You'll have no problem 'tagging along'...only got the Atom in May...!
It's a 3 300

I'm a bit lazy when it comes to getting my trackday fix...either Brands or Snet, as I'm geographically in the middle of the two.

BTW, if I'm particularly slothful at Snet, I already have my excuse ready... "You've had an Atom two months longer than me" :-)

Barry
Last edited by TrackDayBore on Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

stormcloud

Post by stormcloud » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:44 pm

+1 on Atom attendee.  ;D

Nov-Mar - Cold

Mar-Present - Spa, Bedford, Woodbridge, Brands, Croft, Mallory, Donington

August - Cadwell, Rockingham, Snetterton, Bruntingthorpe, N.Weald, Bedford, Keevil, Anglesey

Sept-Nov - Brands GP, Silver GP, Goodwood.

Dec-Mar - Cold

Apr - Fit supercharger and see what's left to do, else repeat  ;D

ragezx14r

Post by ragezx14r » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:57 pm

Just got to the Breckland Lodge. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Darren

ragezx14r

Post by ragezx14r » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:53 pm

A late update...

Met Karl and Stu at the Breckland Lodge Hotel and had a few drinks on top of the few i'd already had!

Also met Barry (trackdaybore) and James from Atomhire at the circuit. Thanks for showing me round the circuit Barry.

Great circuit but only did the morning session as someting didn't feel quite right with my Atom.

I've been very busy since then and only today have i been able to get my Atom out. I reversed up my drive and when i pulled the clutch back in it felt like the engine was moving!

A quick look at the back of the car and i spotted this bolt had come loose!

[img width=800 height=530]http://i897.photobucket.com/albums/ac17 ... ain005.jpg[/img]

The thread has smoothed with the movement so i need a new bolt which i'll get on tuesday. I did also notice a bit of play in my nearside rear wheel bearing. Wether this is due to this loose bolt or not i'll find out when i replace the bolt.

Either way i think its time for a trip to the factory for the rear upright upgrade.

I will go back to Snetterton one day but it will probably be next summer now. 200 miles each way is a right slog!

p.s thats a sorted little MX5 you guys have.

Anyway heres a couple of laps tagging on to a GT3RS

Atom 3 300 at Snetterton 300

Darren