What wet tyres do you use?

If you race your Atom or use it hard on track, here's a place to discuss strategy and swap tips.
AndyLUFC

Re: What wet tyres do you use?

Post by AndyLUFC » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:58 pm

What is this wet Atom driving thing you Guys keep talking about?  8)

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:52 pm

[quote="AndyLUFC"]
What is this wet Atom driving thing you Guys keep talking about?  8)
[/quote]

Rain's difficult to see, but this is one event that the weather defeated me and Atomfun on.  After this photo was taken it rained even hard and got so wet we just had to give up couldn't see beyond our noses.

Trackday on an airfield it pissed down all day and eveyone sat in their cars!  Adam and I huddled under a gazebo!  What a waste of time that was!

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:32 pm

Looks like a typical Oregon day to me  ???

goodfun

Post by goodfun » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:23 pm

Up in Anglesey not got car with me but run them on the Dymag's so i think 17 and 16's.

[quote="Mr.Toad"]
Mr G, what size do you run on the Atom?
[/quote]

goodfun

Post by goodfun » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:26 pm

I get all my Tyres from Steve at Simply Tyres Ltd he will much all prices including Camskill.

I think the wets are about £150.00

[quote="carrera2s"]
Thanx Goodfun

Do you use these on the atom if so best place to purchase from please?

I did track day at oulton park 21st in pouring rain wth 888`s and had no grip!

Regards

Paul
[/quote]

cwin

Post by cwin » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:12 pm

hi

I have a set of 888's cut for the rain on a set of TD's (cost's about £50 to get done).I have not tried them on the Atom yet but run them on a powerfull V8 with great results.

Regards

Craig

FlyingTrotter

Post by FlyingTrotter » Mon May 30, 2011 8:30 pm

Having just returned from a very very wet Silverstone I was wondering if the situation has evoved from this thread - anyone found
anything better for the wet than the Avons which it seems are not road legAl but they do come in both 15 and 16 - I was on A048's and with standing water was pleased to get through 4 sessions without visiting the gravel/Walls like a number of others but I now feel that need to find a way to transport the car and travel with some tyre options or accept that if it rains I'm staying in the garage - currently I'm thinking I want some decent wets and a means to transport the car to track

What are folks doing - stYing off track when it's pouring down, using Avons, Dunlops or something else ?

FlyingTrotter

Post by FlyingTrotter » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:19 pm

Solution found - Melindi at Gold track suggested Track club who will keep 1 or 2 sets for me and bring to circuits and fit for £75 an event - sorted

Now all need to do is decide on the best wets to acquire

FlyingTrotter

Post by FlyingTrotter » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:06 pm

If anyone is thinking about getting a set of wets the Dunlop wets I took to Spa were awesome - the track was very wet through wednesday untl late afternoon and the grip in the wet from the Dunlops needs to be experienced to be believed - well worth considering - £880ish fitted and well worth the investment - oh and they wll fit on TD wheels so no need to lash out £3k on a set of Dymags