New MTV Extreme Vehicle Series Seeks Ariel Atom

A country specific area to gas about the AmericAtom
LionTV

New MTV Extreme Vehicle Series Seeks Ariel Atom

Post by LionTV » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:08 pm

Attention American Ariel Owners!

We’re developing an exciting new MTV show that focuses on the biggest, baddest, and most unique vehicles on the planet. And the Ariel Atom fits that description. If you're an Ariel Atom owner and enthusiast, if you like to race this on the track and rip it up on the streets, you could be perfect for the show.

All interested parties, email our Vehicle Casting Producer at jason.watt@liontv.us - tell us about yourself, your vehicle and include some photos. We'd love to hear from folks on the eastern seaboard and southeast, but this show goes coast to coast: anyone interested should get in touch.

To learn more about us, check out www.liontv.us

ebeck

Re: New MTV Extreme Vehicle Series Seeks Ariel Atom

Post by ebeck » Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:24 am

I sent Jason a email, saying I would be glad to help.  I told him I am the fastest Atom driver out there, and all the other Atom owners were a bit old and slow.  Just kidding. 

Driver

Post by Driver » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:48 am

This is tailored right for CalScot, sadly his engine has a couple of extra crankcase vents in it at the moment. Maybe Dp35, DAmN he's quick. :)

Hellooo Newman

Post by Hellooo Newman » Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:25 pm

[quote="Driver"]
This is tailored right for CalScot, sadly his engine has a couple of extra crankcase vents in it at the moment. Maybe Dp35, DAmN he's quick. :)
[/quote]
Just curious....who set the fastest lap record at Atomfest II?

Driver

Post by Driver » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:57 pm

It's in the AtomFest thread I believe. It was a 1:19.2 and it was set by one of the two previously mentioned guys. ;)

Karl

Post by Karl » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:04 pm

[quote="Driver"]
It's in the AtomFest thread I believe. It was a 1:19.2 and it was set by one of the two previously mentioned guys. ;)
[/quote]

If it is, I couldn't find mention of it. My money is on CalScot due to the combination of extra power and FA slicks.

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:09 pm

:laugh:
Last edited by Heywood-Yablowme on Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Driver

Post by Driver » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:36 pm

CalScot had a full day of running. It broke the second day at noon when he was getting it set up for the Festival Of Speed.

dp35

Post by dp35 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:25 am

[quote="Karl"]
If it is, I couldn't find mention of it. My money is on CalScot due to the combination of extra power and FA slicks.[/quote]

Karl Karl Karl.  Shame.

Karl

Post by Karl » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:35 am

[quote="dp35"]
[quote="Karl"]
If it is, I couldn't find mention of it. My money is on CalScot due to the combination of extra power and FA slicks.[/quote]

Karl Karl Karl.  Shame.
[/quote]

I'm an engineer, I work on the numbers, and with almost twice your power output as well as non-DOT slicks, I gave him the edge. I forgot to account for the fact that you have the ability to teleport.

EDIT: Huzzah, I'm now on the "leet"-th post!
Last edited by Karl on Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:08 pm

Thursday's transponder numbers...
DP did 5 laps in a row in the 1:19's and wasn't above 1:21 the entire last session!
Mc Donald did a 1:19.53 earlier in the day.
(849) unidentified did a 1:23.6 in the single session they did.
My best was a 1:24.4 and I wish I'd watched DP's video sooner!
Jesse had a 1:24.5.
Curt had a 1:30.7.
Chris Moore had a 1:34.0
Caroline a 1:34.8.
This does not include the many fast folks not running transponders or Monday/Tuesday sessions.

Driver

Post by Driver » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:34 pm

Eddie Hill was in the low 1:20's all 3 days. He was knocking it off a tenth of a second here or there and had the track record there for a day or so but couldn't hold off DP's brilliant driving by Day 3. Darin needs to consider turning Pro I guess?

Lets not forget congratulating Darin's father who I saw supporting him throughout the entire weekend. Helps to have your own pit crew. Looks like he was always tweaking something here and there to assist Darin hunt down and slaughter over 1 full second off the track record in a 245 HP Atom 2. I'm sure when Fathers Day rolls round he'll get something REAL nice ehh? :)

Here he is swapping some VTEC stuff back after they borrowed a unit off CalScots mortally wounded 475hp monster:
Attachments
_KRH9569sm.jpg

dp35

Post by dp35 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:52 pm

Very well put Driver - thanks! 

The "McDonald" car was Calscot driving Randy's Stohr F1000 car.  Given a couple more sessions he would've been faster than any of us.

Driver

Post by Driver » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:19 pm

[quote="dp35"]
Very well put Driver - thanks!  [/quote]

No problem. Every once in awhile I can even pull my foot out long enough to get my point across proper even. :) Your father kept himself so busy I didn't really get a chance to get to know him well. But what he was doing didn't go unnoticed. All sons should be so lucky. :tu:  The activity in yours and Peters pit before he broke was like a small hornets nest, then it was halved... :) Looking forward to the next one I can get to.

curt

Post by curt » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:48 pm

[quote="Marcus"]
Thursday's transponder numbers...
DP did 5 laps in a row in the 1:19's and wasn't above 1:21 the entire last session!
Mc Donald did a 1:19.53 earlier in the day.
(849) unidentified did a 1:23.6 in the single session they did.
My best was a 1:24.4 and I wish I'd watched DP's video sooner!
Jesse had a 1:24.5.
Curt had a 1:30.7.
Chris Moore had a 1:34.0
Caroline a 1:34.8.
This does not include the many fast folks not running transponders or Monday/Tuesday sessions.

[/quote]

You must have gotten me on a cool down lap.  Giving a ride-along to Gabe's wife.  I thought it would be obvious when I let you catch me in a braking zone - though I do have video evidence of me catching back up within a few turns.

Isn't there some handicapping system where your time is reported in relation to your lifetime track experience?  Or in relation to how fast you felt you were going?