Flowmaster made me a couple of Ecotec Atom mufflers

A country specific area to gas about the AmericAtom
1965Cobra427

Re: Flowmaster made me a couple of Ecotec Atom mufflers

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:51 pm

Great photo! Can't with to get back to Hallett in a couple of weeks.

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:20 pm

I'm really anxious to get back to Hallett, too!! :tu:

I noticed on my Tracqmate printouts that my car did not accelerate as hard this last time, in the ~90 degree heat, as it did last fall, when it was cooler. I'm reckoning that the ambient temp is the difference, and to be expected.

So, in an effort to compensate for the summer heat, I did this-

And the dual-pass end plate I bought from Bolus- to replace this one--

I started it and let it warm up a bit last night, drove it out of the garage and back in, and it seems all is good. It started right up and ran and idled normally, no leaks or problems. Out of respect for the neighbors, I didn't road-test it-- it was 10:30 PM. But now I need to quit typing and CHECK IT OUT!! :tu:

Randy-see you soon!

Eddie ;D

silver

Post by silver » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:24 pm

have you done anything to compensate for the heat soak?  If not, you're going to make your car slower by pulling more boost it will get too hot and the computer will pull all the timing out and you'll be left with less boost then before.

rfmarz@frontiernet

Post by rfmarz@frontiernet » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:30 pm

And then you'll slow down even more. ;D

bolus

Post by bolus » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:41 pm

[quote="silver"]
have you done anything to compensate for the heat soak?  If not, you're going to make your car slower by pulling more boost it will get too hot and the computer will pull all the timing out and you'll be left with less boost then before.
[/quote]

He is doing water injection

1965Cobra427

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:48 pm

Once a hot rodder, always a hot rodder!  :tu:  :tu:

DarthChicken

Post by DarthChicken » Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:03 pm

[quote="FourFather"]

I started it and let it warm up a bit last night, drove it out of the garage and back in, and it seems all is good. It started right up and ran and idled normally, no leaks or problems. [/quote]

Good to here, glad the ECU seems to be working for you!

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:25 pm

Flowmaster update--(actually Hushpower by Flowmaster)--.
This is what it looks like now. I have ~3000 miles total on the car now. I did not record mileage when this muff went on, but it seems as though it's going to last as long as needed.

Eddie ;D

bolus

Post by bolus » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:38 pm

If you want an exhaust that sets off car alarms, then have Tom make you one like mine :)

AndyLUFC

Post by AndyLUFC » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:17 pm

Well my new "Eddie Hill" edition Hushpower is bolted on and has stirred something in me that maybe, just maybe I can now do a sub 4 Quarter!

Thanks Nick for pointing this thread to me and thanks Eddie for getting them to make that. I love it so far - sounds perfect!

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:10 am

[quote="FourFather"]
Flowmaster update--(actually Hushpower by Flowmaster)--.
This is what it looks like now. I have ~3000 miles total on the car now. I did not record mileage when this muff went on, but it seems as though it's going to last as long as needed.

Eddie ;D

[/quote]

1965Cobra427

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:20 am

Hey Eddie,

Do you think it would hold up under track conditions? A few folks I know would really appreciate it! I might even try to keep up with you, not that I'd be able to....

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:46 pm

[quote="1965Cobra427"]
Hey Eddie,

Do you think it would hold up under track conditions? A few folks I know would really appreciate it! I might even try to keep up with you, not that I'd be able to....
[/quote]

My opinion at this point is that it WILL hold up on the track. I don't think there is anything inside that is failure -prone. As loud as it is-(just the way I like it)- I doubt that there is enough restriction to flow to have any appreciable heat-soak problem. And I've used FlowMasters for many years, and never had a failure of any of them.

As far as keeping up goes- I don't think I've ever had more fun than when you and I were running about the same lap times and voluntarily swapping the lead back and forth,, playing cat-and-mouse in close proximity! Great fun! And those videos you took with a forward facing and a rearward facing camera, with three views on a split screen-Priceless! Those videos helped me survive the winter!

I can hardly wait till we get back on track.

Eddie :)