Ariel North America/TMI Still In Business?

A country specific area to gas about the AmericAtom
skyfx

Re: Ariel North America/TMI Still In Business?

Post by skyfx » Sat May 27, 2023 11:42 pm

WonderedUnder wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 4:04 pm I wanted to hop on here to share that my experience has been the same as described above with TMI. Lots of missed dates and lots of pestering (via phone and text) to just get a simple response. I placed my order Jan 2021 and i don't think my build proper has even begun yet.
That's a bummer. You ordered 6 months before me, so that doesn't give me a lot of confidence I'll see my car this year (which is the latest estimate I got from TMI). What's the latest estimate you've been given? Also, care to share your chassis number?

If you're interested, shoot me a private message with your cell number, and I'll get you added to a Whatsapp group some other US-based owners and I started.

WonderedUnder

Post by WonderedUnder » Sun May 28, 2023 11:33 pm

PM sent.

i was told june the last time i spoke with mark, but i don't think my car has been given it's assembly spot yet.

FrankRizzo

Post by FrankRizzo » Sun May 28, 2023 11:55 pm

Did you ask "Of what year?"

skyfx

Post by skyfx » Mon May 29, 2023 2:54 am

FrankRizzo wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 11:55 pm Did you ask "Of what year?"
Sad but true...

dramsey68

Post by dramsey68 » Wed May 31, 2023 4:17 pm

I'm a bit shocked hearing the experiences you all are having with TMI. I've been on a waiting list to get on a waiting list to place a deposit for a Nomad build since 4th Q of 2021. The Nomad has been my dream car for 7 years of so and I'm finally in a position to be able to buy one. After being burned, along with other friends/colleagues, in a private equity deal, I'm losing a little faith in TMI.

If anyone would like to PM me and share what's going on, I would greatly appreciate it.

Warmest regards.

skyfx

Post by skyfx » Wed May 31, 2023 4:53 pm

dramsey68 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 4:17 pm I'm a bit shocked hearing the experiences you all are having with TMI. I've been on a waiting list to get on a waiting list to place a deposit for a Nomad build since 4th Q of 2021. The Nomad has been my dream car for 7 years of so and I'm finally in a position to be able to buy one. After being burned, along with other friends/colleagues, in a private equity deal, I'm losing a little faith in TMI.

If anyone would like to PM me and share what's going on, I would greatly appreciate it.

Warmest regards.
A waiting list to get on a waiting list? That sounds bizarre.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but last I heard, TMI was going to discontinue making the Nomad.

Rickrat

Post by Rickrat » Wed May 31, 2023 7:34 pm

I have my fingers crossed. I have been told my Atom is fully assembled and is to get its 50 mile test drive this week. If all goes well, it will be shipped to me in Michigan.

That's the good news. The bad news? I ordered the car three years ago!

skyfx

Post by skyfx » Wed May 31, 2023 10:00 pm

Rickrat wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 7:34 pm I have my fingers crossed. I have been told my Atom is fully assembled and is to get its 50 mile test drive this week. If all goes well, it will be shipped to me in Michigan.

That's the good news. The bad news? I ordered the car three years ago!
Congrats! Would you mind sharing your chassis number? That'll help the rest of us get a sense of where we fall in the "pecking" order.

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:19 am

Sure...
It is AA40112

dramsey68

Post by dramsey68 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:20 pm

skyfx wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 4:53 pm
dramsey68 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 4:17 pm I'm a bit shocked hearing the experiences you all are having with TMI. I've been on a waiting list to get on a waiting list to place a deposit for a Nomad build since 4th Q of 2021. The Nomad has been my dream car for 7 years of so and I'm finally in a position to be able to buy one. After being burned, along with other friends/colleagues, in a private equity deal, I'm losing a little faith in TMI.

Warmest regards.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but last I heard, TMI was going to discontinue making the Nomad.
Well, shite. Can anyone else confirm, or link to an article?

I really appreciate it!

dramsey68

Post by dramsey68 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:35 pm

dramsey68 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:20 pm
skyfx wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 4:53 pm

Warmest regards.

Well, shite. Can anyone else confirm, or link to an article?

I really appreciate it!
***Update***
I reached out to TMI and spoke with Jesse about the future of the Nomad. He indicated they're still building Nomads and it is not being discountinued. Sometime in the near future, they will contact people on the priority build list, I'm on that list (yay!) and start the build process. The estimated time of completion will be about 12 months from start to finish. I will keep this forum updated.

I'm very hopeful to join the wonderful group of Ariel owners.

Regards.

skyfx

Post by skyfx » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:27 pm

wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:19 am Sure...
It is AA40112
Thanks, that's helpful!
dramsey68 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:35 pm ***Update***
I reached out to TMI and spoke with Jesse about the future of the Nomad. He indicated they're still building Nomads and it is not being discountinued. Sometime in the near future, they will contact people on the priority build list, I'm on that list (yay!) and start the build process. The estimated time of completion will be about 12 months from start to finish. I will keep this forum updated.

Regards.
Interesting. That contradicts what Mark told me when I visited the TMI facility last year. Perhaps they changed course?!

dramsey68

Post by dramsey68 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:18 am

skyfx wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:27 pm
wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:19 am Sure...
It is AA40112
Thanks, that's helpful!
dramsey68 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:35 pm ***Update***

Regards.
Interesting. That contradicts what Mark told me when I visited the TMI facility last year. Perhaps they changed course?!
If you have better information, please share.

Thanks mate!

skyfx

Post by skyfx » Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:54 am

dramsey68 wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:18 amIf you have better information, please share.

Thanks mate!
Not sure if that question was directed at me, but I shared everything I know. I went to TMI's facility last year, and from what I understood from Mark at the time, they would be discontinuing the production of Nomads. That may of course have changed afterwards.

dramsey68

Post by dramsey68 » Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:19 pm

Thank you, again. I appreciate your time and response.

Doug