Geico insurance

A country specific area to gas about the AmericAtom
rskdsk

Geico insurance

Post by rskdsk » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:49 pm

You all probably already know that geico will insure the atom ... just not full coverage only liability.  However they claim their partner Heritage will cover it fully.

ksrimounchanh

Re: Geico insurance

Post by ksrimounchanh » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:40 am

I just tried to call them yesterday... I have great driving record, lots of other vehicles 2 motorcycles, RV etc.. they said they would could not take that risk.  They did not know anything about it.  I am sure I got the wrong person on the phone.

Would you happen to have any contact there that could help me?

Thanks again,

KS

silver

Post by silver » Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:12 am

you call a different person and you get a different answer

bottom line is when you have a claim....will they pay it.

if they feel they didn't understand what they were insuring and you file a claim they can easily deny your claim, there's no point trying to get "regular" insurance.

The insurance companies already established that know exactly what are car is will insure it and have paid claims (unfortunately) driving the cost of insurance up considerably but still availalbe.

Rally insurance is what most of us have, and then Classic will insure also,

do a search the contact info for Rally is on here, due to paying several claims the rates have probably tripled but that's still cheaper than Classic.

rskdsk

Post by rskdsk » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:56 am

I have insurance through Giecos clssic car partner, and it cost about $700/year for full coverage and 2500 miles.  It may not be the cheapest, I have not looked at rally

SpatialThreat

Post by SpatialThreat » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:12 pm

29 y/o with great driving record. Rally insured @ 70k 2011 Atom 3 | 300 --- 3k miles for $1100

I couldnt get any normal insurance company to take it.  (Allstate, Farmers, State Farm, Progressive, Geico, National, etc.. etc not even Haggerty)

silver

Post by silver » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:18 pm

[quote="SpatialThreat"]
29 y/o with great driving record. Rally insured @ 70k 2011 Atom 3 | 300 --- 3k miles for $1100

I couldnt get any normal insurance company to take it.  (Allstate, Farmers, State Farm, Progressive, Geico, National, etc.. etc not even Haggerty)
[/quote]

Yeah I was the first to sign up with Rally(from the forum anyways) and they insured me at the time 28 perfect driving record @ 55k for about $600 / year with 6k mileage

After the first 2 years they introduced mileage rollover and so I changed down to 1k mileage per year, and I paid $400 I think this year as I'm legally capped to a 15% increase per year but I know due to the claims they've paid that my rates will eventually catch up with y'alls.....only perk so far of being an early adopter :)

Dave D

Post by Dave D » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:32 am

Just signed up and got insurance through Leland West. Had to get full coverage. Lowered the replacement value. premium for the atom was 560 on a 3000 mi limit.