Check your Rally insurance policy

A country specific area to gas about the AmericAtom
RyanD

Check your Rally insurance policy

Post by RyanD » Sat May 22, 2010 12:52 am

I just received my policy renewal in the mail, and there are a lot of changes/additions listed and some new options such as occasionally driving the car to work.  I'm going to call them next week just to make sure I have the correct coverage for my needs.

One example of the additions: My dog is now insured for $750 if injured in an accident in my Atom.  :D

RyanD

Re: Check your Rally insurance policy

Post by RyanD » Thu May 27, 2010 3:02 am

FYI, the mileage options are 1k, 3k, and 6k per year.

silver

Post by silver » Thu May 27, 2010 3:06 am

yep and last year 2009 they started the roll over plan.............which has allowed me personally to go to 1000 miles per year for the last 2 years, saves about 50% of the cost.

towing is also covered.

WorkingOnIt

Post by WorkingOnIt » Thu May 27, 2010 6:26 am

[quote="RyanD"]
One example of the additions: My dog is now insured for $750 if injured in an accident in my Atom.  :D
[/quote]

RyanD

Post by RyanD » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:07 pm

Update for Rally insurance.  After I lowered the mileage to 3,000 miles, they sent me a new renewal with a price that was nearly double the price of the one they had just sent me for 6,000 miles!  They are working on fixing the issue to give me the appropriate rate that they had originally quoted.  Apparently, they have changed the way they handle Atom's and similar cars, which is causing the rates to increase dramatically.  They told me that they are capping the increase to 15% per year on existing policies, so I would expect to see my rates increase by that amount for the next few years.

silver

Post by silver » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:39 pm

Mine was increased slightly from last year but I just called and they didn't really increase the prices, it was a system glitch that affected your policy, they said they're working on getting yours fixed.

modified cars (not our cars) are going way up...but ours are NOT classified as modified.

perhaps yours was accidentally processed as modified, but just so people don't freak out, there's not been any kind of dramatic increase on premiums that effects the atom UNLESS yours is for some reasons classified as "modified" which it should not be.

RyanD

Post by RyanD » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:49 pm

[quote="silver"]
Mine was increased slightly from last year but I just called and they didn't really increase the prices, it was a system glitch that affected your policy, they said they're working on getting yours fixed.

modified cars (not our cars) are going way up...but ours are NOT classified as modified.

perhaps yours was accidentally processed as modified, but just so people don't freak out, there's not been any kind of dramatic increase on premiums that effects the atom UNLESS yours is for some reasons classified as "modified" which it should not be.
[/quote]

I'll ask them about that next time I talk with them.  My policy says "Exotic" and under modifications "None".  They told me that the problem was that the rates increased at almost the exact same time as my renewal.  So the original renewal they sent was with the old rates and the new renewal with lower mileage was with the new rates.  They also changed "systems" (whatever that means), so it might have indeed been a glitch that put my car in the wrong category.

At least they are giving me the normal rate for this year.

silver

Post by silver » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:09 pm

I think you simply got screwed via glitch.

however, we both could be receiving different stories but the lady I spoke with said she knew your case and said yours was exaclty what you are describing with the change of systems, the glitch and the "modified" car price increase.

I think long story short, yours was written up wrong, and everyone else's going forward will not have this problem as their renewals will not occur on the same day as their system switch.

at least I'm crossing my fingers
Last edited by silver on Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

atomathics

Post by atomathics » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:34 pm

Silver, how sure are you about this (the modified thing)?

I spoke with American Modern last week (that's the insurance company, Rally is just the broker).  I'm going to call again on this...
Last edited by atomathics on Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

silver

Post by silver » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:41 pm

I spoke with Rally, they said our cars are NOT modified and that's the glitch.

don't call american modern call rally...that's where you send your money  ;D

atomathics

Post by atomathics » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:09 pm

[quote="silver"]
I spoke with Rally, they said our cars are NOT modified and that's the glitch.

don't call american modern call rally...that's where you send your money  ;D
[/quote]

Hmmm.  But the policy is with American Modern and that's who you deal with in making a claim.

I wouldn't think that an Atom is "modified", unless, well, you've modified it.
Last edited by atomathics on Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

silver

Post by silver » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:18 pm

she said.......just like you said.....our cars come from the factory "this way" therefore not modified.

I think it's a coding error on american modern's end.....Rally rep said nobody elses policies will be effected except Ryan, they already addressed the problem.

I would strongly advise against stirring up a hornet's nest at AM by asking if our cars should be considered "modified" or not.

unless you wanna pay my premium increase  ;D

it's ok to be cautious that you'll get fooooked when comes time for a claim to get paid but they have already paid claims on atoms.........with no questions asked even on a complete loss..........so I'm not concerned.

RyanD

Post by RyanD » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:22 pm

I agree.  Wait until they send you a huge premium increase before complaining.

silver

Post by silver » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:40 pm

she reviewed my policy and said....the premium increase for Texas occurred last October....and my premium went slightly in March when I renewed.  She looked in the computer and said there's NO increase showing as pending for my next renewal.

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:18 am

[quote="WorkingOnIt"]
[/quote]

Ryan D: I salute you.
This pic sums up Atom owners + ownership, for me.
Absolutely priceless  :tu:

Cheers, Hedge