Who was at Monticello in their red framed Atom last September? (9-09)

A country specific area to gas about the AmericAtom
Heywood-Yablowme

Who was at Monticello in their red framed Atom last September? (9-09)

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:44 pm

I was watching a few videos of Monticello in preparation to going there and spotted this red framed Atom.(at 1:43)  Did not recognize the car..who was it? Randy? Marcus? I don't konw of many red framed Atoms.  Yes,yes,I know the Daytona driver is way off the pace... ;) .

Last edited by Heywood-Yablowme on Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marcus

Re: Who was at Monticello in their red framed Atom last September? (9-09)

Post by Marcus » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:19 pm

Thanks for posting the video - yes, it was me in my orange framed atom.

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:44 pm

Hey! >:(  I thought you had never been there...sandbagger! ;)   Doesn't matter...Max and I will be ready! >:D    That track looks like a lot of fun. Lots of turns,and excellent visibility,so it seems.  

By the way,registration for the COM event in May is now open...  http://comscc.carclubreg.com/

You will have to become a COM member ($35) but the first event attended,you will get back $100!  You will have to get signed off by an instructor,but no biggie as COM is a competition club,so signing off good drivers is not a problem.(unlike so many other clubs..)  
Time trial competition is held on the second day. Two practice rounds in the morning and TT's after lunch,followed by open track! ;D
Don't wait too long as it is filling up pretty fast. :tu:
Last edited by Heywood-Yablowme on Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:54 am

[quote="Marcus"]
I'm leaning toward Monticello - I've run a couple sessions there.
[/quote]

Looking at the video, I am remembering that (insert excuse here) which kept me from disappearing from sight more quickly.

I've registered for the com event - "showroom stock gt?" Still not 100% committed as I may do tire rack's one lap of America again this year.
Last edited by Marcus on Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:13 am

SSGT..love it! Tongues will be wagging at the next board meeting. I told them if an Atom with a windshield and fenders affixed,which is legally registered for road use shows up,be prepared to reclassify the car somewhere in the stock street categories. I hope to see you there. I emailed Mark Swain as well to let him know registration is open.Any questions don't hesitate to call/email. Monti looks to be a lot of fun for an Atom. :tu: :tu:

Just looked at the entry list and they have you in SPB. Not sure why,but if asked, argue the points that your car is 100% a street legal car,has a windshield and fenders, and was not built from a kit. SPB is where they put any "kit" car that isn't otherwise formally classified,and I do not believe an Atom3 with full windshield and fenders belongs in SPB. I would say your car belongs in SSU; street stock,unlimited;

Audi RS6, R8, RS4 ‘07+  
BMW E46 M3, M3 V8, M Coupe/Roadster S54, V8 NOC, V10; M6; 2006 M5  
Chevrolet Corvette 1991+ NOC Chevrolet Camaro SS 2010+
Dodge Viper  
Ferrari NOC  
Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 1999-2001, 2003-2004; 1995, 2000 Cobra R, Saleen, Rousch: GT500 2010+
Lamborghini, all models  
Lotus Esprit 8-cyl turbo, Exige S  
Pantera  
Porsche 911 Turbo, 993, 996, 997, 928 GTS  
Toyota Supra Twin Turbo  

If you chose SPB,then that is different,as classification is left up to the individual,and someone would have to protest your entry into that class.

If you signed up for SSGT and they moved you,let me know,as I love to make controversy over there...  >:D >:D
Last edited by Heywood-Yablowme on Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Marcus

Post by Marcus » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:19 pm

I have no windshield or rear fenders... but I am legal and will go with whatever class you point me toward.
I was barely able to find a (clean) place to stay last time I was up there - and I'm not picky.

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:05 pm

I have heard that about the motels in the area.  :P   Guests check in but they don't check out... :H: :D
If you are going to be running no fenders (in the frt or rear) that will place you in PB with me. No biggie.They don't allow fender mods in the street classes.
A few of us going will be camping in RV's at the Wal-Mart,which is about 10 minutes from the track. (free)
Unfortunately,the track (for whatever reason... >:() won't allow overnight camping,period. Too bad,as I really like staying at the tracks.
Nothing like sunrise at your local racetrack to greet you in the morning!! ;D
Last edited by Heywood-Yablowme on Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

curt

Post by curt » Tue May 04, 2010 3:35 pm

Okay MadMax, isn't there some racing action to report from the last few days at Monticello?