Michigan Atom II registration process (was a track car)

A country specific area to gas about the AmericAtom
qz5gxt

Michigan Atom II registration process (was a track car)

Post by qz5gxt » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:32 pm

Hello I am new and sorry if I am not posting in correct  post area. I am thinking about buying a used Ariel Atom II that currently is not registered for street and was on a track. I just need to add the lights are only item missing for street legel. I did a search on registration in Michigan and it seems a little vague on the steps ???. I am not new to registering a Kit Car as I did a Factory Five Cobra in 2007. Is this the same steps as I did my Factory Five Kit car? If yes the one item I see different is when I did the Factory Five I had to show receipts for all main powertrain parts. This is to prove you are not assembling with a stolen Engine I think.

The Factory Five Forum has good reference for Kit car registration
http://www.ffcobra.com/FAQ/registering.html

Thanks Alan

silver

Re: Michigan Atom II registration process (was a track car)

Post by silver » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:41 pm

Hello and welcome!

I can't think of any Michigan owners off hand but basically every state is different and in some states the atom being sold fully built makes it a different process then registering a kit car like a cobra.....so you'll want to check with your local state requirements..........you will most likely not have any paperwork to support seperate purchase of engine / transmission as most atoms were purchased complete.....maybe you'll get lucky with the one you're looking to buy as that was an option to "self assemble" but was not really popular.