Some TMI Ariel Atom Factory photos

A country specific area to gas about the AmericAtom
Gage

Re: Some TMI Ariel Atom Factory photos

Post by Gage » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:01 am

[quote="shinoo"]
Am I the only one who likes that windshield?   :laugh:
[/quote]

I genuinely like the windshield.  But I may be the only person on this entire site...  (if you're kidding Shinoo)

Wmcmanus

Post by Wmcmanus » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:01 am

[quote="Gage"]
[quote="shinoo"]
[/quote]

I genuinely like the windshield.   But I may be the only person on this entire site...   (if you're kidding Shinoo)

[/quote]

You still wish you could have driven the Batmobile, don't you?  Admit it, man... it's a flashback to your childhood dreams.

digibrain

Post by digibrain » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:04 am

I also like the windschield, no bugs in your face anymore.
Attachments
Atom 3 Walter 001_klein.jpg
Atom 3 Walter 001_klein.jpg (69.92 KiB) Viewed 2400 times

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:53 am

Jeez, those screens make me ill.
Cheers, Hedge

ross

Post by ross » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:17 am

I actually quite like the windscreen....but not on an Atom.

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:42 am

[quote="Ross McWilliam"]
I actually quite like the windscreen....but not on an Atom.
[/quote]

+1 the windscreen in my Merc is ideal

Gage

Post by Gage » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:11 am

[quote="Wmcmanus"]
[quote="Gage"]
[quote="shinoo"]
[/quote]

I genuinely like the windshield.   But I may be the only person on this entire site...   (if you're kidding Shinoo)

[/quote]

You still wish you could have driven the Batmobile, don't you?  Admit it, man... it's a flashback to your childhood dreams.
[/quote]

Oh heck yea!  ;D

wisp

Post by wisp » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:00 pm

[quote="Gage"]
[quote="shinoo"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

It makes the car look like something that should be in the water with a propeller at the rear.

I can't see the point in the screen, a part from compliance for places where the bureaucracy is backward, you might as well buy a Lotus 7 style car. One of the things I find appealing about the Atom is the motorcycle feel of the wind.

Good to see TMI all geared up. There should be plenty more US owners by the time AFIII roles around.

McFred

Post by McFred » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:17 pm

The appearance is degraded a lot in my opinion.  That pic looks like the head of a stork. 
Was never very keen on storks. :P  Never associated them with screaming IC engines and squealing tires.

Attachments
Atom_screen.jpg
Atom_screen.jpg (41.91 KiB) Viewed 824 times
Last edited by McFred on Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Heywood-Yablowme

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:27 pm

:)
Last edited by Heywood-Yablowme on Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1965Cobra427

Post by 1965Cobra427 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:24 pm

In some states the windshield might not necessarily improve registration. In Arkansas for example, a windshield is not mandated, but If you have one, it MUST be safety glass and it MUST have windshield wipers. Of course we can still buy our Atoms without one!

curt

Post by curt » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:41 pm

I was at TMI yesterday retrieving my car from AtomFest (was working and couldn't get there sooner), and they were ready to ship a new Atom 3 to a customer in Las Vegas.  It had 2 CF wings, individual seats (which I liked - easily adjustable and seemed more rigid feeling than the 3's usual seat), and the windshield.  Honestly, the windshield didn't look that bad in person.  It looked smaller than pictures make it seem, and it does a fair job of keeping wind out of your face, if you were so inclined to drive without a helmet on the road.  The wiper's motor was neatly stowed underneath.  I think the swap back to normal would only require a few bolts and disconnecting the wiring to the windshield wiper, and putting on a standard bonnet.    Pics to follow.

atomathics

Post by atomathics » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:56 am

The Windscreen... if it helps getting one more person in an Atom (registration-wise) then all the better, but in pictures it... well... it just looks utterly, completely wrong!  Agreed on the stork, the windscreen makes the car look too beakish...

curt, glad you made it back from AF and have your car again...  would love to see some shots of those individual seats if you can post them!

a

curt

Post by curt » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:09 am

single seats and windshield
Attachments
IMG_1467small.jpg

curt

Post by curt » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:11 am

single seats.  Pads yet to be installed.
Attachments
IMG_1471small.jpg