Eddie Hill's first customer's Atom being built- Pictures !

A country specific area to gas about the AmericAtom
ross

Re: Eddie Hill's first customer's Atom being built- Pictures !

Post by ross » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:32 pm

Never thought I'd say this, but the windscreen actually looks pretty good from most angles except perhaps from the front downwards - but then that's not the Atom's best angle generally anyhow.

Nice wings.

Cheers, Ross.

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:06 pm

[quote="Driver"]
Way to go Eddie & the Crew at Fun Cycles! :tu:
[/quote]

Thank you!

What a fun business to be in!

Eddie ;D

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:23 pm

[quote="CalScot"]

I was just contemplating a thread tonight about what a blast my Atom is and how it never fails to make me smile. Seems more appropriate just to agree with these sentiments.

I drove a fair bit this weekend. About 500 miles with some goggles, ear plugs, shorts and t-shirt. I never intended to do much, I just took off for cars & coffee on Saturday Morning and kept driving. Beaches, deserts, mountains and freeways. As I drove up the long hill to my house this afternoon I opened up the throttle one last time for the weekend with vision warping acceleration, I giggled openly like a child. Something I've done a hundred times but it's always just like the first time.

Just like Eddie says, "theres just no such thing as too much horse power"!
[/quote]

I laugh out loud in the car a lot, but I'll never forget the first time I did it in the Atom, at speed, at Hallett! I was going up over the hill between turns one and two, just as I was going through 100mph, I had a joyous laugh out loud, and said to my self--"Now this feels like me again!!"

Great stuff!!

Eddie ;D
Last edited by FourFather on Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

FourFather

Post by FourFather » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:46 pm

[quote="Terry Kennedy"]
So, you won't be taking the passenger seat out of your new Atom, then? ;D
[/quote]

No, sir! The new Atom 3 is scheduled to remain just exactly like they can be bought, so I can tell a prospect that they can get one just like this. And then, with my modded Atom II, I can show them what is possible if they want to go a bit more track-oriented.

By the way, I thoroughly enjoyed the time you spent with us here in Wichita Falls. It was a real treat to see your beautiful car again, and to visit with you. That was the only time I have ever seen (from our house) an Atom rolling up our driveway- cool! You will, of course, continue to be my good example, and inspiration, of long-distance touring in an Atom! What an iron man! :tu: Thanks for making time for our visit, and take care!

Eddie ;D